Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

DeWalt Rotary Laser FREE!!!!

So, we have moved into a new construction neighborhood. My builder has been fantastic! We are the 3rd home out of 82 in the hood with tons of construction going on. In 2 months, 17 more have been built and 14 have moved in.
My builder asked if I would mow a couple of his houses (3 mows) just before the closings. I took care of them because I felt like I needed to repay for plenty of free changes to my home that he did during construction. (rocked in a gable for free, 2 additional pallets of sod, etc.) Today, I'm sitting on my front porch drinking coffee and he pulls up out front and brings a large DeWalt plastic case up and says... "Here you go." I open it and it's his used rotary laser (not auto level.) I'm blown away. He and I had talked about how I'm doing french drains and some gravel driveway work as a new part of the business. I've been using string levels, which worked great, but said I was looking at maybe adding a rotary to my tool kit.
What a guy! I was lost for words.
In addition, his yard guy hasn't been very responsive. I'm hoping to slide in and take care of the installs. We shall see.
I'll snap a pic in a bit and attach it.
It's all about relationships!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lafrance4078; 06-13-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Forgot the closing
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafrance4078 View Post
So, we have moved into a new construction neighborhood. My builder has been fantastic! We are the 3rd home out of 82 in the hood with tons of construction going on. In 2 months, 17 more have been built and 14 have moved in.
My builder asked if I would mow a couple of his houses (3 mows) just before the closings. I took care of them because I felt like I needed to repay for plenty of free changes to my home that he did during construction. (rocked in a gable for free, 2 additional pallets of sod, etc.) Today, I'm sitting on my front porch drinking coffee and he pulls up out front and brings a large DeWalt plastic case up and says... "Here you go." I open it and it's his used rotary laser (not auto level.) I'm blown away. He and I had talked about how I'm doing french drains and some gravel driveway work as a new part of the business. I've been using string levels, which worked great, but said I was looking at maybe adding a rotary to my tool kit.
What a guy! I was lost for words.
In addition, his yard guy hasn't been very responsive. I'm hoping to slide in and take care of the installs. We shall see.
I'll snap a pic in a bit and attach it.
It's all about relationships!!!!!!!!!
Score! Talk about speeding up installation time.

When doing basements we had a receiver on rod and a magnetic receiver stuck to the boom on the backhoe.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you mean laser on a level?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Member

This is exactly what I received.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Shooting grade for crown on driveways, slope for drainage ditches (drain tiles and such, new construction lawn installs (finish grade.) etc. I hope to find many uses. Gonna practice a bit. It's just a little more high tech than my string level. Hahaha. But I would say that string level is still great way of doing things.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds beyond me. I do not do much hardscaping. just small walls. I want to try a makin a driveway
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravel drives. I do patios, walkways, small jobs, haven't ever worked on a hardscaped drive. Not sure of the process. Believe it would be much more like building a road. Live loads and all. Would need to apprentice that type of job for a while before doing one. Might hire someone that knows about it. Haven't had a request for one though.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

mine is not together. just search how to do it on the net. its not too hard. tho ur right there is not too much demand for it.
Posted via Mobile Device