Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely 34Z Belt Part Number Confusion

Hi Guys,

I've run into a problem with my Gravely 34Z and I hope somebody can shed some light on where my confusion is arising. Last Saturday, my PTO belt on my 34Z broke. None of my dealers had the belt in stock. So I ordered a replacement belt from vbelts4less.com and the belt arrived today. I was shocked when I took the new belt out of the shipping box to find that it was 49" by 0.625". I just measured my broken belt and it is roughly 112" around!

Now, looking in my manual, it lists the PTO belt part number as 07241000. Gravely's parts radar page shows that P/N 07241000 is the same size as the smaller belt that was delivered today. Also, the diagram shows the correct belt, but there is no way that a belt that is 49" around is going to fit over all of my pulleys. What am I missing here? I don't see Gravely listing a part that is the correct size.

Any 34Z owners out there that can help steer back on course?

Confused,
Bryan
Old 06-15-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

By the way, I wanted to reply with my own answer. The Gravely part number is correct. The dimensions that Gravely provides for this belt pertain to its "center length" -- the distance between two pulleys when the belt is placed around them. The place I ordered my belt from just has a mistake in their cross reference.

-Bryan