Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

john deere D105 NO START problem

this is a newer john deere D105 tractor 17.5 hp 42" deck . this was purchased in May 2013 . before taking it to dealer for warranty work I want to see if I can fix myself first. i just mowed the lawn yesterday and ran fine. i go to try and start it today and it just kicks over on choke and dies right away. i know the seat sensor , i know the brake has to be pushed. ive tried put everything in every position. i then thought it was fuel because the filter has like nothing in it . so i disconnected going into carb and cranked. it was pumping fuel fine. now im thinking is it the sensor in the bottom of the float bowl or another sensor went bad? any ideas?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just have dealer fix it. These aren't very reliable. It will probably not work next year either.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

ok figured it out it was the stupid RIO button so you can keep the blades on in reverse. the design is bad because you don't know if its engaged or not. its just a spring loaded button that goes in and out but doesn't lock itself anywhere to know if you are engaged or not. . anyway I pressed it once in and out to see if something got hung up or was engaged and that did it . it fired up. lucky me thanks all