Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

get a proper hat and you don't have to wear sunscreen on your face or neck at all. only on your hands and forearms. i got a good one at academy sports for $15. it covers your entire neck even on the sides and covers your ears too. as long as you don't mow while looking up at the sun and keep looking straight ahead you'll never have to worry about sunburn.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wezze that hat looks like it would be HOT????
Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

I have one very similar to that and it's very breathable and saves you from sunburn
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I subscribe to the natural way. I believe God created man to work under the sun. I get a base tan every March and my miraculous body produces its own non-toxic sunscreen all year long with no re-application necessary. Skin cancer is a product of too little vitamin d and/or a poor diet, high in sugars. A healthy diet, rich in fruits and vegetables will diminish the need for sunscreen and keep the skin, along with the rest of the body, healthy. Amazing the toxic stuff we've been programmed to smear on our bodies every day. Anyway, that's my hot sports opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-N-Texas View Post
I subscribe to the natural way. I believe God created man to work under the sun. I get a base tan every March and my miraculous body produces its own non-toxic sunscreen all year long with no re-application necessary. Skin cancer is a product of too little vitamin d and/or a poor diet, high in sugars. A healthy diet, rich in fruits and vegetables will diminish the need for sunscreen and keep the skin, along with the rest of the body, healthy. Amazing the toxic stuff we've been programmed to smear on our bodies every day. Anyway, that's my hot sports opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Your body changes when you get older, I doubt vitiman d is a problem for any of us. Im 48, I don't use sun screan unless I go swimming with the kids, I do wear a large hat and a shirt with a collar.