Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Moderator, Online Communities

Two new products from BASF: Pylex™ herbicide and Siesta™ Insecticide Fire Ant Bait

Two new products from BASF: Pylex™ herbicide and Siesta™ Insecticide Fire Ant Bait

Have you heard about the two new products from BASF? Pylex™ herbicide and Siesta™ Insecticide Fire Ant Bait officially launched this month.

Pylex herbicide, with active ingredient topramezone, has shown unmatched performance in controlling Bermudagrass, goosegrass, crabgrass and more, in cool-season grasses.

Siesta Insecticide Fire Ant Bait is designed to be passed from ant to ant, knocking down the entire fire ant colony with speed and precision. It is a fast, effective and affordable choice for controlling fire ants. Watch this short video to see the product in action.

What do you think of BASF’s new products? Will you add them to your arsenal?

Want more updates from BASF? Follow them on Twitter and subscribe to the BASF Turf Talk blog to join the conversation!

Always read and follow label directions.

Pylex and Siesta are trademarks of BASF.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

crew leader

whats good for goose grass in bermuda without hurting bermuda sports fields in florida
Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

This sounds quite interesting. I have a client with some goosegrass in it. It sounds by the mode of action that this chemical must be similar to Tenacity. I would be interested to know how well this actually works, and if the stuff keeps coming back after I spray it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried pylex yet? will one application get it?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

... i mentioned i had goosegrass, but i think it is actually quackgrass, and i don't recall seeing that on this label.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I called JDL a couple of days ago and inquired about the price....it's like $650 for 9 ounces.....but supposedly a little goes a long way. I need to do more research before taking the plunge.
2011 Exmark Vantage 20/48
Exmark Metro 36 WB
Exmark Metro 21
Stihl BR 600 Blower
Stihl FS 250R Trimmer
Stihl FS 130R Trimmer
Stihl FS 110R Trimmer
Stihl FS 85 Trimmer
Stihl FC 85 Edger
Stihl HL 100K Telescopic Hedge Trimmer
Stihl BG 85 Blower
Echo PB 770T
Echo SRM 2400SB Trimmer/Edger
Echo BRD-280 Bed Redefiner
Maruyama Sprayer MS 0741
Maruyama HT 2321 DLR
Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

will the pylex not hurt the bermuda aslo
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought some "cheap" online

I had a buddy who owns a landscape company and saw that he had pretty good results after just 14 days with crabgrass and bermudagrass control. I decided to take the plunge and bought some online at http://lawnandpestcontrolsupply.com/ for around $450. I haven't tried it yet but I am hoping for excellent results on bermudagrass control. I was also told that Microyl crop oil replacement was good to use with it instead of MSO. Just thought I'd share the price since someone posted JDL quoted them around $650/bottle.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

We used Pylex on a practice tee early last fall for goosegrass...Worked great!!! Did not bleach out the goose like Tenacity. The goosegrass was in the mature stage and still did the job. Price per bottle is high but the cost per acre is not bad. For us on a practice tee that gets beat up it was awesome. For small areas and spot treating it is well worth the price. And Tenacity did not work at all for us.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjohn1 View Post
We used Pylex on a practice tee early last fall for goosegrass...Worked great!!! Did not bleach out the goose like Tenacity. The goosegrass was in the mature stage and still did the job. Price per bottle is high but the cost per acre is not bad. For us on a practice tee that gets beat up it was awesome. For small areas and spot treating it is well worth the price. And Tenacity did not work at all for us.
Can confirm this also. We have been using it for about a year or so. It was originally an AG product and they found out it worked for controlling bermudagrass. Up north here The old common bermuda contamination is a big issue in our fairways. Can't really say how effective it has been yet as we have only done it for a year. It does though smoke crabgrass and goosegrass.