Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best way to lay Bermuda sod for HOA entrance

I am submitting a bid on a entrance for an HOA, the same HOA I live in. The area is around 2000 sqft, very weedy, minimal established turf, WITH irrigation. What would be the most cost efficent and proper ways to put this new turf down? Heavy equipment pretty much is not an option for me or the budget. There are lots of rocks (gravel) from the construction workers dumping there, I have picked out all the boulders, but all the small gravel type rocks are there. What would be your plan of attack to lay tis sod?

The budget is around $1300 for a mulch bed, flowers and plants, and new sod. Is that about right or a little cheap? I know its different for everyone and there labor but id that about ballpark for a job like this?
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would lay centipede sod instead of bermuda unless they are gonna keep paying you down the road to spray it for weeds. if they aren't the weeds will be all in the bermuda in no time. if you plant centipede it will keep the weeds out on it's own.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Member

sod cost with delivery will be around $600-700 ..the plants maybe $75 ..mulch $50.00 ...thats $725.00-$825.00 cost for materials ....are you happy with $$475-$575.00 for about 4hrs work with a helper ? 6-7 hrs by yourself if you shake and bake...I hate sod so i mark it higher but for $575.00 to make my hoa happy id do it ...nice sunday morning job before the nascar race
Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Spray with glyphosate, rent a sod cutter set on a shallow depth remove vegetation. Till if its severely compacted. Bermuda is forgiving so long as its irrigated. I would be at 1k for 4 pallets. So that don't leave much for plant and mulch work. But I don't know how hungry you are. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device