Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Is there another Z like the Everride?

Mostly the key points are that it had a top speed of near 13 mph...
A cut height of up to 6 (yes, SIX) inches.

And I'm still not sure I could do without the front swivel suspension but as of right now I can't even find a Z that meets either of the first two specifications.

Sure going to miss this mower one day in the not too far future.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

All the larger Gravely commercial Z's have a top speed of 13mph. The Pro-Turn series has a cutting height of 5 1/2 inches, but will cut even higher in transport position.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ariens bought out everride and still makes one of their Z's under the Gravely name. Its called the Pro-Ride. Here is a link.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/zero-tu...s/default.aspx
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nice!!!

I never thought I wouldn't be able to settle for another Z, but it has spoiled me in ways and so gotten used to it...

Thank you.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Glad I could help. I heard their was a huge following for this machine and that's why they still make it.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I am thinking possibly too I may be able to use that Z's parts department to keep the Warrior running for the time, that's really the only reason for their early demise is a parts availability that I just noticed... You can still get the parts but the price has started to go up and I know that usually means it won't be another 5 years before it's "you can have that part so long you're willing to pay for it," dang $250 carburetors come to mind (yes I realize it's a common Kawasaki engine, just an example).

Been a common thread with my machines, much past 10 to 15 years old and there comes that parts issue with scarcity and the high prices, really had me bummed out with the Everride still only between 5 and 10 years old.

But that's super cool, means I have to start saving.

Last edited by herler; 06-20-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had 3 Warriors! NOTHING compared to the cut quality of those mowers! Nothing and Ive had many many top brand mowers! Try New Holland they were selling a blue version of the Warrior
Old 06-20-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There's a member here named Razorblades has (or at least had at one point. Not sure now though about the Everride) both an Everride and the Pro Ride. He has posted pics and info several times. I bet money he sees this and posts here before too long. I know he really likes his.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
I had 3 Warriors! NOTHING compared to the cut quality of those mowers! Nothing and Ive had many many top brand mowers! Try New Holland they were selling a blue version of the Warrior
There are so many things that may appear small but they all add up to one super machine, the 13.4 gallon twin tanks come to mind too, that thing holds so much fuel I could literally refuel other machines with it. Still not sure why they went out of business, I did read the CEO's response to that but it seemed like just the next standard answer, maybe they didn't have the funds to hold them through while their new machines caught on... Seems like they went down just as their machines were starting to take hold in the market, sure thing the economic down turn didn't help at the time, darn shame really.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Mostly the key points are that it had a top speed of near 13 mph...
A cut height of up to 6 (yes, SIX) inches.

And I'm still not sure I could do without the front swivel suspension but as of right now I can't even find a Z that meets either of the first two specifications.

Sure going to miss this mower one day in the not too far future.
As GMLC mentioned, basically the same mower is still being built in the same Facility as the EverRide's were, called the Gravely Pro Ride. Hopefully they'll continue to build it for many more years.

I don;t know about northern grasses but the Pro Ride cuts the Tough stemmed bahia in my area. along with other grasses and weeds very well.

The rear set blades(from being a tunnel deckdesign) help in cutting that kind of stemmy grass clean in one pass.

Does your mower have alot of hours and how does the cut compare to any other brand that you've used.

Razorblades.