Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Member

What is wrong with my grass?

I have a small lawn for my home in New York City. It's approximately 10ft x 8ft. Last year I decided to resod the area due to the bad condition it was in. After successfully laying out the new sod, I water it daily until the roots settled in. The grass was green and after several months it started to have brown spots. This year it looks like my grass is burning, what could be the cause of this? We were having hot temperatures recently but my neighbors grass does not look as bad as mine. Why are only the edges burning? I did not use any fertilizer and I water the grass during the early mornings every several days.

What are some things I can do to fix this?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The water is likely draining quickly around the brick area and the sun beating down and heating those brick will certainly add to the problem... this is a Solar Flare Summer, so walking on asphalt barefooted should give you a notion about how the grass roots are feeling next to those stone...
I'd put a soaker hose inside the stone area and run that on hot sunny afternoons...