Register free!

Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No buscando en los lugares correctos. El trabajo de los Ilegales. Obama se lo agradecera.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Are you hinting that I need to lean Spanish. LOL
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Are you hinting that I need to lean Spanish. LOL
Sí Grindo Blanco no es bueno

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Ric:
Had to find a online translator to get it be you are dead right.

Update:
After a 146 applicants. I had 4 good potential labors. Had them interviewed and just need to decide which 2 got the jobs. While on the phone with a family friend a made a comments about new hires. 5 mins later at 10:30pm I got a call....Long story short had a new guy at the shop at 6am. 30 mins after the start of the shift I got a call from the crew leader. Telling me I did not need to hire anyone else because the new guy can do the work of 2 labors with quality.
With the advise from this thread. I received 4 good potential crew leader. One really was the man for the job. The 1st day he sold a install for us but had to be done by today sat. 6-29. I explain my new hire issues. He laughed and had a crew for me the next day. All very skilled and fast hard workers. Only skill they are missing is the English language.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Ric:
Had to find a online translator to get it be you are dead right.

Update:
After a 146 applicants. I had 4 good potential labors. Had them interviewed and just need to decide which 2 got the jobs. While on the phone with a family friend a made a comments about new hires. 5 mins later at 10:30pm I got a call....Long story short had a new guy at the shop at 6am. 30 mins after the start of the shift I got a call from the crew leader. Telling me I did not need to hire anyone else because the new guy can do the work of 2 labors with quality.
With the advise from this thread. I received 4 good potential crew leader. One really was the man for the job. The 1st day he sold a install for us but had to be done by today sat. 6-29. I explain my new hire issues. He laughed and had a crew for me the next day. All very skilled and fast hard workers. Only skill they are missing is the English language.

Thanks
De nada

If you can't beat them, then join them. If you find a white boy who is good this year, he will be your competitor next year. Of course most who are willing to do landscape work are Crack heads etc. It is not the type of job many people are willing to do for $ 10.00 an hour.

Most Hispanic workers who are willing to do landscaping can't speak enough English to go into business for themselves. They are willing to work hard and be honest. However the Trade off is they are hard on equipment as a general rule. Their culture and education is such that they don't understand mechanics real well. What I found was a group of Hispanic worker who took great pride and social prestige in being hard workers. I gave them autonomy to do the job and never looked back.