Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by upkeeplawnscape View Post
And thanks Jim for telling me to check that..didnt even need the 700 or get a chance to use it
Posted via Mobile Device
The toughest part of locating is leaving the damned thing in the truck while you do the simple tests at the controller.

The resistance tests will tell you how, what, when or why you connect your transmitter to the field wiring.

Valves aren't always wired according to their physical placement, that is why i began experimenting with the TDR & GTDR.

I would have measured for continuity first. Finding 1 & 3 open i would have lifted my probe from the common and placed it on the first open station wire and the other probe on the other open station wire.

Your measurement should be twice that of a single solenoid since you are measuring a series circuit.

Bottom line, when you have multiple opens (regardless of the station assignment) if you measure between the stations themselves you can measure the circuits by changing the manner in which you measure. You know what to expect and what the cause is, with a little thinking and some luck, you can usually walk right to the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post

I would have measured for continuity first. Finding 1 & 3 open i would have lifted my probe from the common and placed it on the first open station wire and the other probe on the other open station wire.

Your measurement should be twice that of a single solenoid since you are (now) measuring a series circuit.

Posted via Mobile Device

Corrected
Posted via Mobile Device