Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

here is my little girl(she has to get in every photo)... notice my license plate.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
why don't you pm me your phone number and you can decide for yourself.
PM me your website and I will take a look. Or just start a pic thread of your operation. If its for real I will apologize. If not its BS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWI View Post
Man I am sick of commercial... I did a 300k job last year and I just did not enjoy it. I would rather be the project manager, designer, and installation contractor. And more importantly do the damn job right. It seems you have to cut corners on commercial to make a profit.
We only do commercial. I only like big jobs, whether it be maintenance or construction.
So you have 35 employees? Give or take
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
We only do commercial. I only like big jobs, whether it be maintenance or construction.
So you have 35 employees? Give or take
Posted via Mobile Device
honestly no. I did 1.1 mil with 12 employees. And honestly I don't really want to be too big. I want to design everything, manage everything(to a point), manage installation(my guys use a tape measure to make sure every plant is perfectly symmetrical)... one of my mentors said it perfectly... don't be a big dumb company... and I have always wanted to be big... but now I just want to do it right and I want to do it my way.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I still do many estimates based on google earth images for lawn mowing and lawn treatment estimates. Haven't had an issue with it. I got a line in the agreement that states if the lawn is overgrown then the price for the first cut could be more, or i could refuse the job if its real bad. I feel like most are less than impressed that i didn't bother to drive out to the property to look at it in person, so maybee i'm "lazy" but i am tired of entertaining the price shoppers, tire kickers and people who want to walk the lawn with me for 20 to 30 minutes with no intention of hiring me. gas is to expensive and i rather be out making money not giving free advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidmows View Post
Agreed. And the thing about bidding from what you see online is that say on google earth for instance. Those maps are outdated and you can't see much detail in my experience. A lot can change on a single property in a short amount of time. The absolute best thing you can o is walk a property to get the best idea of how long it will take you to complete the job because of obstacles or hills etc. In conclusion. Walking the jobsite before giving an estimate is an absolute MUST
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
PM me your website and I will take a look. Or just start a pic thread of your operation. If its for real I will apologize. If not its BS.
Posted via Mobile Device
No thanks. I am not trying to impress you, just help you. PM me if you give a pluck about your craft. And hell I might even learn something from you
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Enough of the pissing match already. We all know it takes all kinds in business.
Me personally , I wouldn't waste my money on a Lexus, but that's me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Enough of the pissing match already. We all know it takes all kinds in business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually I kind of agree with you, I don't believe in investing in depreciating assets. Me and the wife have driven crappy cars all our lives... and my wife is awesome so I wanted to buy her something nice... plus I wanted a purpose built off road SUV. Google Toyota Land Cruiser... same thing as Lexus LX570... freaking badass offroad vehicle. My good friend owns a GMC dealership... and their were only 3 used land cruisers/lx570 in the nation, the only one with low miles happened to be a Lexus.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Banned

One of my clients is buying one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Enough of the pissing match already. ..............................................
Posted via Mobile Device
Four pages to finally read some wisdom.
Closed Thread