Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
well how are they???? I use the t4 blades on a exmark that express mower parts sells. my opinon on them is they suck. they don't cut the grass good at all. clippings are almost the same as regular blades too.
Will let you know in the near future. My current blades still have some life in them. Want to get my use out of them before I switch them out.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post

Yes, they have changed considerably. They have so much lift now that they'll suck the eye teeth out of a killer whale.

Hmmm that's not the experience I had with the G6 blades. They have enough lift but not as much as a standard high lift. They didn't cut as clean and crisp for me as a standard high lift blade and they created a lot of blow out the front of the deck. It is probably dependent on the deck design as to how well they work. From everything I have read if you have a highly baffled deck they cut great but if you have a deck with minimal baffles like a scag or gravely then they don't work as well. I should try them on our new xfactor 2 deck and set the front baffles all the way down for maximum vacuum and see how they do. I used them on the older xfactor deck but not the new one.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
well how are they???? I use the t4 blades on a exmark that express mower parts sells. my opinon on them is they suck. they don't cut the grass good at all. clippings are almost the same as regular blades too.
I like running Doubles on my Exmark. Combine a High lift, and a T4. Gets you a great cut with deep stripes, and the T4 makes for tiny clippings.

Also have G5's, and G6's. They work great, but not as much lift, or crisp of cut.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Hmmm that's not the experience I had with the G6 blades. They have enough lift but not as much as a standard high lift. They didn't cut as clean and crisp for me as a standard high lift blade and they created a lot of blow out the front of the deck.
Blowout and high lift go hand in hand. They may have been creating too much lift.

Blowout is usually caused by 3 things. Grass not being thick enough, baffles that aren't deep enough/blade too low in the deck and, more air movement through the deck than the deck discharge can handle.

Dixie Choppers have minimal deck baffling and a huge discharge. It's about 19 inches wide. I have no problems with G6 blades.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
I like running Doubles on my Exmark. Combine a High lift, and a T4. Gets you a great cut with deep stripes, and the T4 makes for tiny clippings.

Also have G5's, and G6's. They work great, but not as much lift, or crisp of cut.
Which blade do you put on the bottom?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoshock View Post
Which blade do you put on the bottom?
High lift.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

im sure anymore after trying a lot of different blades and low, mid and high lift I think the original blades that come on any mower are the best blade for that mower. ive come to that conclusion.
double blades is way overkill and way to hard on spindles, belts, clutches and engines.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We tryed the new atomic blades not impressed. They cut worse than the factory blades we had before. Took them off this morning and put the old ones back on.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm sorry they didn't work for you. The stock blades (brand new or freshly sharpened) on my Toro were leaving a bunch of clippings behind, and the Atomic blades helped out greatly with that problem. I have noticed that the stock do leave a smoother cut and better stripe. I will go back to the stock blades once the grass stops growing so fast from all this rain.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Joel D,
Have you been able to find G6 Gator blades for your 3000? I have a Toro 3000 as well, 48 inch cut. I love the mower and it leaves an excellent cut. I am currently running hi-lift blades. The only complaint I have is the long grass clippings that it leaves, which requires me to double cut at times, but as I said the cut is awesome. Many clients have commented that their property looks like a golf course when I am done. I just ordered T4 HD mulcher blades, Hi-lift, and plan on using them to see if it solves the clippings problem. I would prefer G6s, maybe G5s if they have them for our mower. Thanks