Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-18-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

whats everyones opinion on echo? i'm really considering buying a new trimmer, stick edger and blower all by echo.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLawn&Landscape View Post
whats everyones opinion on echo? i'm really considering buying a new trimmer, stick edger and blower all by echo.
You will get answers from all over. I personally like echo blowers and edgers. Weed eaters I have the older t272 and then the Fs 250r. Just about everything commercial is good just comes down to preference.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Echo makes outstanding equipment. Their higher power models such as the SRM 266 and 280 are great. Echo also makes Shindaiwa. Shindaiwa is strictly commercial, to where Echo has a homeowner aspect in their lower powered trimmers. I picked up a Echo SRM230 this year and it starts first pull. However, next year I am switching to Shindaiwa trimmers and edgers. I have a handheld commercial blower by Shindaiwa made in 1995, and it starts first pull. My Echo backpack as well. I'm switching to RedMax blowers however. You get greater power compared to the Echo, for the same price. They simply make the best blower out there.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
Echo makes outstanding equipment. Their higher power models such as the SRM 266 and 280 are great. Echo also makes Shindaiwa. Shindaiwa is strictly commercial, to where Echo has a homeowner aspect in their lower powered trimmers. I picked up a Echo SRM230 this year and it starts first pull. However, next year I am switching to Shindaiwa trimmers and edgers. I have a handheld commercial blower by Shindaiwa made in 1995, and it starts first pull. My Echo backpack as well. I'm switching to RedMax blowers however. You get greater power compared to the Echo, for the same price. They simply make the best blower out there.
Cool, I'm gonna check them out today. I got some maintaince to do on the mower today
Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Cool, I'm gonna check them out today. I got some maintaince to do on the mower today
Honestly they won't disappoint. Everyone is obsessed with Stihl. Granted they make great stuff, I use their saws, but I prefer Echo & Shindaiwa trimmers over Stihl trimmers. Echo gets a bad rap because you can buy some of their homeowner brands through big box stores through Home Depot, but if you get into their actual commercial stuff, or the Shindaiwa brand, you wont be disappointed.

What maintenance do you need to do?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought an older Shinadiwa used and it works perfectly, I was considering Echo due to the local dealer relationship I have and they've always been great for me.

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I picked up a PB-755 and an SRM 225 a little over a month ago and have been happy with the performance so far.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I have worked for a couple of companies and I have found that what one person likes and thinks works best is totally different from someone else's opinion. IMO you can't go wrong with stihl; they make some of the best equipment in the industry. That being said, Echo/Shindaiwa and Redmax also make great equipment. Shindaiwa makes nice everyday trimmers, Redmax makes the MOST powerful blower on the market, and both make good edgers. You really get what pay for. Hope this helps!
Stihl HS 56C
Troy bilt Backpack blower 32cc
Echo ES-1000 hand blower (not currently working)
Assorted hand tools

Have 8 accounts (+1 vacationer) and continue to grow.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
Honestly they won't disappoint. Everyone is obsessed with Stihl. Granted they make great stuff, I use their saws, but I prefer Echo & Shindaiwa trimmers over Stihl trimmers. Echo gets a bad rap because you can buy some of their homeowner brands through big box stores through Home Depot, but if you get into their actual commercial stuff, or the Shindaiwa brand, you wont be disappointed.

What maintenance do you need to do?
Blades, oil change, grease, just regular maintenance. After going to the dealer today, I think I'm sold on redmax
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Blades, oil change, grease, just regular maintenance. After going to the dealer today, I think I'm sold on redmax
I don't think you can go wrong with them either. For me I like The Stihl extended hedge trimmers and the fs 250r anything else I prefer shindaiwa and echo.