Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Q4 Plus.............have you noticed?

So I have lables saved to an app in my iPhone so they are always with me. I was looking at the label I saved to it last summer for Q4 plus. The reseeding timeframe is 4 weeks. That's what its always been as far as I know. That's been one of the drawbacks for me personally.

Anyways, I was on the PBI Gordon website and was looking at the label. I think I was doing that because it's easier to read than doing it on my phone. I was looking at reseeding timeframes and it says ONE (1) week! I thought to myself, what in the world is up with that? So, I called PBI Gordon and the guy confirmed that in fact it is 1 week. I said I wanted to know why it's always been 4 and now it says 1. He said he would contact the research and development department and call me back.

Do you think this is true or did somone make a mistake? None of the AI's have changed......just wondering if anyone else noticed this or just me?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

oh yeah.....just got the call back and the research and development team stated that the 1 week wait time before re-seeding is in fact correct.

I think this is great news. Especially for any of us who get calls from people late in the aerating/overseeding season who want their lawn to look like their neighbors but have waited until early October to call anyone. Waiting one week instead of 4 is huge in my opinion.

I just happened to stumble across this. Guess it pays to ALWAYS read the labels no matter how much of a smart a$$ you think you are.

Guess any guys that have q4 leftovers that don't read this thread will never know. Not sure how you would find this out unless you bough it new and read the label rather than assuming its the "same as usual."
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That is great. I've always used speedzone for my pre seeding app. It cleaned up the broadleaf weeds but I had to hope for cool temps to kill off crabgrass. The wait time is 7 days for that.

Now if the q4 label is correct we can schedule a full spray a week prior to seeding and expect a clean lawn to reseed. Think that will help keep the fall lawn clean a lot better than basic 3-way.

I'm gonna surely keep an eye on this.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
That is great. I've always used speedzone for my pre seeding app. It cleaned up the broadleaf weeds but I had to hope for cool temps to kill off crabgrass. The wait time is 7 days for that.

Now if the q4 label is correct we can schedule a full spray a week prior to seeding and expect a clean lawn to reseed. Think that will help keep the fall lawn clean a lot better than basic 3-way.

I'm gonna surely keep an eye on this.
Yeah I know, it's really great. Go to the PBI Gordon site and you can see it if you click on the Q4 label. Look under re-seeding.

I called to verify because I thought someone updated the label and mistyped. I just could not get a clear explanation as to why it's been four weeks for at least a couple years now right? now all of a sudden it's one week. Oh well at any rate they confirmed that and I think it's great. surprised more people haven't replied.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone else? or we don't have many Q4 users on here?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Makes sense, Drive can be applied at 7 days before seeding. It can be applied 28 days after emergence on rye and blue.
There are no restrictions on tall fescue at all.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ms...XLR8_Label.pdf
Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Makes sense, Drive can be applied at 7 days before seeding. It can be applied 28 days after emergence on rye and blue.
There are no restrictions on tall fescue at all.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ms...XLR8_Label.pdf
Yeah you're right. I'm just wondering why the product has been out for a few years and all of a sudden it goes from 4 weeks to 1 week?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wanted to revisit this since our seeding time is coming up. I normally use speedzone to clean up lawns and hope cooler weather will control crabgrass. Speedzone is a 1 week wait.

But the pbi website says q4plus can be seeded after 1 week. But the nufarm website says quincept put needs a 4 week wait period.

So is the q4 plus label very current and the quencept very old and not updated?

What's the consensus on this? Could you use either product, wait a week and seed without affecting germination?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Wanted to revisit this since our seeding time is coming up. I normally use speedzone to clean up lawns and hope cooler weather will control crabgrass. Speedzone is a 1 week wait.

But the pbi website says q4plus can be seeded after 1 week. But the nufarm website says quincept put needs a 4 week wait period.

So is the q4 plus label very current and the quencept very old and not updated?

What's the consensus on this? Could you use either product, wait a week and seed without affecting germination?
I think the consensus is it is a one-week wait. I called PBI Gordon for a definitive answer. He called over to the research and development department and they said yes one week is correct.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
I think the consensus is it is a one-week wait. I called PBI Gordon for a definitive answer. He called over to the research and development department and they said yes one week is correct.
Great. I may go with Quincept since I will not need the sedge control of q4. Will be nice to get a clean lawn before seeding.