Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-25-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Scags new walk behind.

Scag now has itgs new walk behind on their website. http://www.scag.com/swzt.html

PEOPLE LOOK FOR ANSWERS FROM A MAN THAT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN FROM GOD.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH (JESUS) WILL SET YOU FREE!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

WOW, no Velocity deck? BIG strike on Scags part.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Velocity deck has been pretty much flawless along with the large tractor frame on the scag walk behind. For the life of me I can't figure out why the engineers at scag don't take the controls from the v-ride and weld them onto the walk behind . In my opinion it would be the best product scag can produce. The new mower really appears to be a homeowner model. I am not an engineer but it doesn't look that difficult to me!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone from scag wish to comment? We know you guys are monitoring lawnsite.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Good god, Im a huge Scag fan and for the life of me I cant figure out why Scag did not put the velocity deck on this machine???? Is this a home owner machine like the Freedom Z?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is a in-ba-tweener.....kinda like the snapper pro series. Their problem is a price situation and so they upgrade the Freedom a little. It is still a little too costly to compete with snapper pro
Old 06-29-2013, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Does Scag still make a full floating hydro drive WB with the velocity deck? Couldn't find it on their website. Just see the fixed deck hydro.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Velocity deck has been pretty much flawless along with the large tractor frame on the scag walk behind. For the life of me I can't figure out why the engineers at scag don't take the controls from the v-ride and weld them onto the walk behind . In my opinion it would be the best product scag can produce. The new mower really appears to be a homeowner model. I am not an engineer but it doesn't look that difficult to me!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I agree about the controls , VERY disappointing to see a ESC knock off, I got rid of my exmark cause of the ESC system. I'm sure the deck will cut and stripe great so that less of an issue IMO.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscaping Specialties View Post
Does Scag still make a full floating hydro drive WB with the velocity deck? Couldn't find it on their website. Just see the fixed deck hydro.
Scag stopped building the Ultimate a few years ago now. All they had to do was put vride controls on the ultimate and it would have been awesome. Or on the pro v....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

That's unfortunate to put it nicely.

I am in the market for a new walk behind. I swore against WB's for years in favor of push mowers and ztr's, but I cant deny their versitility and thir ability to be accepted as a 'little mower' to my customers who don't want riders on their lawns. My first thought was a scag with floating velocity deck. I'm not at all sold on the new swzt seeing how they took the velocity deck away and added a questionable 'fabricated commercial deck' that nobody knows about. What I'm getting at is even making a decision on a new WB solely from a homeowner's standpoint I would still want a a velocity deck. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I just want to know WHY scag would spend the time to engineer a new deck for this machine that appears inferior to the tried and true velocity deck workhorse.

It says on their web page 36" and 48" deck offerings. No 52"? Maybe scag will decide to offer this swzt with a 52" velocity. Until they decide to do that I will be looking elsewhere for a WB.

Any recommendations for the next best floating deck WB choice? Like the looks of the ferris comfort control DD. I demoed a ferris ztr 3 yrs ago and didn't care for it.

Any thoughts on the toro or exmark tt floating deck WB's? Any input is appreciated.