Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM
PappasPM PappasPM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 10
pensacola

hi guys. my name is tony. i was born and raised at pensacola florida. i like to cut grass. u like to cut grass?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 PM
JB1's Avatar
JB1 JB1 is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: From the hills of beautiful Southern Indiana
Posts: 5,820
Love grass. Grow some good stuff every year
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM
PappasPM PappasPM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 10
nice!! Thats kinda why im here,if anyone can point me in the right direction. I herd someome say something about needing a lisense to do fertalization. I need to find info on this. All im doing now is mixing epson salt an miracal grow and spaying it on with a hose. Is this ok? I use round up in a backpack sprayer also.
Thanks for any "TIPS AND ADVICE"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappasPM View Post
nice!! Thats kinda why im here,if anyone can point me in the right direction. I herd someome say something about needing a lisense to do fertalization. I need to find info on this. All im doing now is mixing epson salt an miracal grow and spaying it on with a hose. Is this ok? I use round up in a backpack sprayer also.
Thanks for any "TIPS AND ADVICE"
Check with Fla dept of Agriculture. You can't apply Any of the above without a lic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
PappasPM PappasPM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 10
thanks. checking now
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Colaguy's Avatar
Colaguy Colaguy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pensacola,FL
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Check with Fla dept of Agriculture. You can't apply Any of the above without a lic.
Posted via Mobile Device

True but enforcement is next to none in NW Florida. We do have a big loop hole here, If owner provides chemicals like the Roundup & says go spray this/that, Then no lic is needed.
__________________
Stihl Kombi System
028 Super, 066 Chainsaws, PP 800 Pole Saw
F-150, F-350 Trucks
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist




If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM
PappasPM PappasPM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
True but enforcement is next to none in NW Florida. We do have a big loop hole here, If owner provides chemicals like the Roundup & says go spray this/that, Then no lic is needed.
That is exactly what i needed to know. funny thing is i just did a yard next to one of those truegreen type guys and he told me the same thing

Sorry if i dont speak the lingo yet. I come from a leather shop. Been doin that my whole life. Family business, but i got to get outside!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Colaguy's Avatar
Colaguy Colaguy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pensacola,FL
Posts: 599
These folks can advise you on how to obtain a chemical lic:

Escambia County Extension Office

Address: 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL 32533-7792
Phone: (850)475-5230
__________________
Stihl Kombi System
028 Super, 066 Chainsaws, PP 800 Pole Saw
F-150, F-350 Trucks
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist




If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 AM
PappasPM PappasPM is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
These folks can advise you on how to obtain a chemical lic:

Escambia County Extension Office

Address: 3740 Stefani Road, Cantonment, FL 32533-7792
Phone: (850)475-5230
Nice! Thanks guy. It always feels better to be legal.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Rhett Rhett is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Destin Florida
Posts: 1,071
You can do the fert. No herbicide or pesticide. Check out the new fines. OUCH
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.07967 seconds with 7 queries