Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-26-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mixture of both. I bought some yards form One of my friends that is a LCO and there're already set up as biweeklies but the ones I have got on my own are weeklies

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

every 4-7 days, then some are 12-16 days. I doing mowing wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday are rain days, and monday and tuesday are days for other jobs. so i could cut a lawn on saturday one week, then hit on thursday the next week or hit one saturday and skip it the next week then do it on thursday. If we get a dry week i try to hit them a day early so they are easier to cut, but lately we have been getting rain every day in the afternoon. so everything is still green and growing like crazy even without fert....so i guess i can't complain, hopefully nothing burns out in july and august. i've been cutting everything high this year so i should be good for a full 4 weeks of mowing in july and august but time will tell.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
10 really isn't that bad to schedule, i do mine on a 9 and 11 day rotation. say i mow on monday, i mow again the following thursday, skip the next week, then monday again. keeps my weekends open. i'm a part timer though and fortunately only a couple yards are 10 days. with a full schedule and lots of them i could see it being a pain.
I used to have a couple of commercial accounts that insisted on 10 day, and this how I did it, except I did them on Tuesday and Friday, which was a 10 and 11 day rotation. In a whole season, you might lose one cutting doing them this way over actually doing them every 10 days.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

At present I have 64 or so lawns to maintain.

Some are weekly and some are 10 and 12 days but I can tell you I'm glad with the present temperatures most are bi-weeklies and going into 2.5 and 3 weeks too (and 3 or 4 are once a month), that's not counting all the other work so without that I would never get everything done.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I mostly do bermuda, and mostly every 14 day mows. If i only did weekly i wouldn't work. I mow at 2 inches for my bermuda lawns and not to sure how long my mower will last doing it this way. I've been raising up to 2.5 inches to see how that helps, but i'm sure i'll just have people calling me saying i'm not cutting short enough. I will dance in the streets when the day comes that i can sell off all my mowers and just do lawn apps.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
At present I have 64 or so lawns to maintain.

Some are weekly and some are 10 and 12 days but I can tell you I'm glad with the present temperatures most are bi-weeklies and going into 2.5 and 3 weeks too (and 3 or 4 are once a month), that's not counting all the other work so without that I would never get everything done.
For some strange reason I don't believe you. Sorry.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I turn down refuse to cut anyone that wants a 3 week cut THATS once a month. I am not interested in cutting 12 inch grass to 2 inches they can buy goats.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All but 2 of my lawns are every 2 weeks.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All of my lawns have irrigation, they grow enough they really do need to be mowed weekly. Every one of my lawns right now I mow weekly. I have done quotes for bi-weekly and charge 50% more. My average lawn is only 4500 square feet or so. You folks mowing 15000+ on several of your lawns are in a different world than my part of the country. That's probably why people want bi-weekly - they don't want to be paying 70/week. The small lots I am doing are 20-40/week.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
You folks mowing 15000+ on several of your lawns are in a different world than my part of the country. That's probably why people want bi-weekly - they don't want to be paying 70/week. The small lots I am doing are 20-40/week.
That's the problem here.