Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
PabsMaster PabsMaster is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 119
When is fleet pricing and how much off is it?

Heard about this couple days ago, does it happen every year. Is it only a specific brand?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 PM
vaacutabove vaacutabove is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: forest va
Posts: 960
matters on the equipment scag i think is two mowers exmark is 3 stihl is 10. pricing matters on the equipment.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 PM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,872
Maybe you should call your dealer??
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
jhawk60 jhawk60 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
matters on the equipment scag i think is two mowers exmark is 3 stihl is 10. pricing matters on the equipment.
Sometimes they run fleet pricing special where you only need to buy one to get the fleet price, Gravely had it on the 29th of last month.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:43 AM
orangemower orangemower is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Maybe you should call your dealer??
Why would he do that? He can simply ask someone he doesn't know from a totally different region and he's set! Or maybe the dealer was closed and he figured he could get all the pricing info, right here, over night!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 AM
93Chevy's Avatar
93Chevy 93Chevy is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Why would he do that? He can simply ask someone he doesn't know from a totally different region and he's set! Or maybe the dealer was closed and he figured he could get all the pricing info, right here, over night!
Maybe a better way to handle it would be to provide the dealer's phone number so we could call for him. It would take a little more effort on his part to get the number and post it, but the reward would be better because we could provide a legitimate answer.
__________________
"Please report all incidents of vomitus and fecal contamination to management immediately"

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Kelly's Landscaping's Avatar
Kelly's Landscaping Kelly's Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Milford CT
Posts: 3,776
Which brand are you interested to know about that is question number one. Fleet rate isn't a time of year its a discount given when your purchase is large enough to warrant it. Iv never gotten it on mowers I'm always shy it seems. Shindaiwa set there quantities too high for us too. I have twice gotten fleet rate on stihl purchases. First time I save so much I basically was given a MS441 with a 25 inch bar free that's an 800 dollar chain saw if you didn't know that.

As for calling the dealer I will say this some dealers are up on this sort of info and others are not. Personally I like to know what the hell I am talking about before it broach the subject. My dealer is great but he doesn't keep up with promotions he's 70 years old and his area of expertise is mechanical. That said if you can point him in the right direction he is more than happy to help you out with getting a promotion rate of fleet rate.
__________________
http://kellyslandscaping.org/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 AM
kawakx125 kawakx125 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lees summit, mo
Posts: 945
wright runs a discount program throughout the year, fall is the biggest discount i believe. i believe they do have fleet pricing as well
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
matters on the equipment scag i think is two mowers exmark is 3 stihl is 10. pricing matters on the equipment.
Exmark is 2. SCAG I believe has a point system. Even the catchers have points. I think you need to have 12 points
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Keith's Avatar
Keith Keith is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Which brand are you interested to know about that is question number one. Fleet rate isn't a time of year its a discount given when your purchase is large enough to warrant it. Iv never gotten it on mowers I'm always shy it seems. Shindaiwa set there quantities too high for us too. I have twice gotten fleet rate on stihl purchases. First time I save so much I basically was given a MS441 with a 25 inch bar free that's an 800 dollar chain saw if you didn't know that.

As for calling the dealer I will say this some dealers are up on this sort of info and others are not. Personally I like to know what the hell I am talking about before it broach the subject. My dealer is great but he doesn't keep up with promotions he's 70 years old and his area of expertise is mechanical. That said if you can point him in the right direction he is more than happy to help you out with getting a promotion rate of fleet rate.
Indeed. I've lucked out and bought stuff when there was some kind of promotion going on, but it wasn't because the dealer informed me of it. Seems they are unaware a lot of time as well.

I wish I had known Gravely had that deal last month.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.07226 seconds with 7 queries