Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Which brand are you interested to know about that is question number one. Fleet rate isn't a time of year its a discount given when your purchase is large enough to warrant it. Iv never gotten it on mowers I'm always shy it seems. Shindaiwa set there quantities too high for us too. I have twice gotten fleet rate on stihl purchases. First time I save so much I basically was given a MS441 with a 25 inch bar free that's an 800 dollar chain saw if you didn't know that.

As for calling the dealer I will say this some dealers are up on this sort of info and others are not. Personally I like to know what the hell I am talking about before it broach the subject. My dealer is great but he doesn't keep up with promotions he's 70 years old and his area of expertise is mechanical. That said if you can point him in the right direction he is more than happy to help you out with getting a promotion rate of fleet rate.
How the heck did you not qualify buying two x series with baggers??

I was going to buy a lazer and vantage or tt earlier and it would have qualified
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Indeed. I've lucked out and bought stuff when there was some kind of promotion going on, but it wasn't because the dealer informed me of it. Seems they are unaware a lot of time as well.

I wish I had known Gravely had that deal last month.
That would have been a dealer-specific special which they often do on open house events. Our regular fleet program is offered year-round.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/more/Pa...t-pricing.aspx
Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. Just looking at one mower right now though. Not even looking really. Fleet pricing on an injected 148 or 152 might have been enough to make me buy one though. Then again, maybe not
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You can get a 460 with bagger for 10
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
How the heck did you not qualify buying two x series with baggers??

I was going to buy a lazer and vantage or tt earlier and it would have qualified
Posted via Mobile Device
I am not using their baggers I prefer trac vac systems. Now why I may not be getting fleet I am paying less than promo rate plus I am getting 0% for 48 months with that deal I just need to cover the collection systems. They did have a mini fleet earlier this year but one my dealer was not authorized for it and two it ended very early in the season.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Just bought 4 exmark with Kawi engines for 8 grand each. 0 % for 48 months. Fleet pricing. Pretty good deal for fleet pricing.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Last time I bought Exmark at fleet, it was two 60" zeros. I think that has changed since because I was told back in February that I would have to buy three 60's to qualify for Exmark fleet pricing.

Someone said earlier that Scag has a point system for their fleet prices and that is correct. I believe you must have 12 points to qualify for fleet from Scag. I bought three 60" Turf Tigers and that did qualify me for fleet pricing. It dropped the price by roughly $1,600.00 per machine. That is such a big discount that if you were thinking of buying two, you should add a third if there is any way possible.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb607a View Post
Just bought 4 exmark with Kawi engines for 8 grand each. 0 % for 48 months. Fleet pricing. Pretty good deal for fleet pricing.
Four Exmark what??
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Member

60 inch ride ons.