Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Put OEM blades on
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:30 AM
rdelahunr rdelahunr is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Posts: 46
The high lifts I put on were OEM as far as I know. The manual had a part number that I put into jacks small engines. The part was apparently superseded to the high lifts I selected. The ones the guy who previously owned the mower looked almost identical, albeit being much more worn down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelahunr View Post
The high lifts I put on were OEM as far as I know. The manual had a part number that I put into jacks small engines. The part was apparently superseded to the high lifts I selected. The ones the guy who previously owned the mower looked almost identical, albeit being much more worn down.
Posted via Mobile Device
ok What motor you have and do you know the rpms of the mower
Maybe you need a tune up

High lift blades pulls guts out small motors and even pulls my 33hp down I have one set for each mower for the dry season
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 AM
rdelahunr rdelahunr is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Posts: 46
The G5s stress the mower much more than the high lifts. When I first got the mower it cut great at any speed. The engine number is 385700. It's a 21hp Briggs vanguard. I have no idea what the tons of the engine are. I have both the operators and parts manuals for my mower and engine. If it's somewhere in there I can look. I already looked in the engine parts manual and didn't see it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelahunr View Post
The G5s stress the mower much more than the high lifts. When I first got the mower it cut great at any speed. The engine number is 385700. It's a 21hp Briggs vanguard. I have no idea what the tons of the engine are. I have both the operators and parts manuals for my mower and engine. If it's somewhere in there I can look. I already looked in the engine parts manual and didn't see it.
Posted via Mobile Device
48'' and 21 hp you are under powered start with and running high lifts makes even worse

Maybe you need check the rpms of it Mowers do back off on rpm at times and sometime you don't notice it till you see its not cutting like use to.
I like my rpm/hour meter That way I know my mower is running at the top rpm everyday
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-30-2013, 02:46 AM
rdelahunr rdelahunr is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Posts: 46
But why would it run perfectly fine in the past with the worn down high lifts? I used them before I even got the new set of high lifts and the problem occurred then also. I was on Craigslist today and I saw a turf tiger with a 61" deck and a 22hp
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 AM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,683
Just a thought. Try mowing one of the lawns 1/2" lower and see if that helps. This might be a vacuum issue.

How long have you had the mower?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelahunr View Post
But why would it run perfectly fine in the past with the worn down high lifts? I used them before I even got the new set of high lifts and the problem occurred then also. I was on Craigslist today and I saw a turf tiger with a 61" deck and a 22hp
Posted via Mobile Device
Did you check the RPMs see if is set to factory spec
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-30-2013, 09:54 AM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelahunr View Post
But why would it run perfectly fine in the past with the worn down high lifts? I used them before I even got the new set of high lifts and the problem occurred then also. I was on Craigslist today and I saw a turf tiger with a 61" deck and a 22hp
Posted via Mobile Device
You also mentioned spacers on the blades. You might try removing the spacers to get the blades higher under the deck.

Did the mower ever cut wispy grass cleanly with out leaving stringers? If not, it just may be the deck.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM
rdelahunr rdelahunr is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Posts: 46
No there are no spacers. My cut is 3/4" lower than my diagram on my mower without any spacers. I just mentioned that if you knew a way to fix this to give some input, but I don't actually have spacers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.06675 seconds with 7 queries