Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-23-2014, 03:57 AM
LawnSite Member

trees

Most allways, pealing & flaking is caused from some type of flim between the asphalt & sealer. # 1 issue is dirt getting embeded in asphalt in the low spots. # 2 for me is tree pollin. red or yellow power, mushed between fingers it feels waxy. the cars grind it in, the sealer peals off. i know the asphalt manufacters say not to powerwash asphalt, but i wonder if anyone has done it? & did it work? any damage?........ hot & soapy w/hose?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

so nobody ever used a power washer on asphalt.

and nobody knows anything about pollin.........well thanks anyway.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Sponsor

Learn when trees in your part of the world are in bloom and bid your work accordingly or if there are too many trees and the customer is not willing to have your services performed when you know there will be problems, find another customer to serve. Can not comment about pressure washing asphalt. Common sense will handle most of your customers issues. If your customers are lacking in that field, leave them for someone else to deal with.
easy-lift guy
Old 11-21-2014, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

trees are everywhere up here. its half of my drives. the pollin lasts about 1/2 the season. not to many customers will wait that long, nore would i ask them to. your advice would cost me time, money & customers, i dont want to go backwards. your common sense idea dose not have much sense to it. but thanks anyway for not answering the question.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

ezlg
i think that was rude for you to tell someone they are not using common sense. you cant answer the questions yet your bad mouthen me. is that why you posted here? to start crap? is that more your type of sense? your type of help is only going to be bad for this site & the people on it.

if you want to be helpfuf, great, if not, GTFO.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeE View Post
trees are everywhere up here. its half of my drives. the pollin lasts about 1/2 the season. not to many customers will wait that long, nore would i ask them to. your advice would cost me time, money & customers, i dont want to go backwards. your common sense idea dose not have much sense to it. but thanks anyway for not answering the question.
Must be nice to have trees everywhere. Your in business to offer a service and apply a product per your customers request. When you allow your customers to dictate terms you, you no longer work for yourself. If your concerned about my advise costing you time and money you have to find out how to incorporate the cost of working smarter into your business model. That way the customer will better understand what he or she is investing time and money into.
If the seal coating business is a large percentage of your income, perhaps you should work for a seal coating company and learn all of the tricks of the trade first, than form your own company when your ready.
Of course with trees everywhere you could skip the seal coating all together and take up Arborculture. Plenty of work and nearly year round income.
Your only going backwards if you choose to not exercise your options as well as applying common sense. The rest is up to you.
easy-lift guy
Old 11-21-2014, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

you should b selling realestate, your sales would b in top 10%. no way can i compete with such smoothness,
i wont even try. i have been beaten badly, hands down. congrads.

but i still need to know if anyone has power washed pollin off the asphalt? & what soap worked the best?
Old 11-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeE View Post
you should b selling realestate, your sales would b in top 10%. no way can i compete with such smoothness,
i wont even try. i have been beaten badly, hands down. congrads.

but i still need to know if anyone has power washed pollin off the asphalt? & what soap worked the best?
http://www.pressure-washer-buyers-gu...-cleaning.html
I do not sell real estate. I offer results and sell great products.
Hope you will find this information helpful.
easy-lift guy
Old 11-21-2014, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Member

e.l.g. that was most excellent, thank you, sorry for beeing a jurk.