Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM
WishforScagWildcat's Avatar
WishforScagWildcat WishforScagWildcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 195
John deere M series Z trak

Does anyone have anything to say about the M series, I am looking to buy a 60". Just want some opinions on the model! Next does anyone know if the M series will fit with a 36" Exmark Metro on a 6x12 open trailer?
__________________
Who's Best work is When No Body is Watching me every second of the Day!!!
John Deere 737 w/23hp kawi and 60in" 7iorn2
Exmark Metro w/15hp kawi and 36"ultracut2
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM
ramcat ramcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mount Calvary, Wisconsin
Posts: 211
The M series are a pretty nice machine, much like the Z900A series except re-balanced i think with a different cast iron weight on the back, a little smaller gas tank, a hand parking brake instead of the foot brake, no diagnostics, 10 mph instead of 12, no cross porting, and some cosmetic changes. I believe you can get an isolation seat on them as well, I may be wrong though. I have driven a Z925M efi for a short period of time and it was very nice from what I could tell, a lot like my Z950A. I would take one any day over a Wildcat but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnCareNoobie's Avatar
LawnCareNoobie LawnCareNoobie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishforScagWildcat View Post
Does anyone have anything to say about the M series, I am looking to buy a 60". Just want some opinions on the model! Next does anyone know if the M series will fit with a 36" Exmark Metro on a 6x12 open trailer?
Should be plenty of room to get the zturn and 36" on trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Jubilee Jubilee is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Florence, AL
Posts: 10
I have a z930m 60" and am very pleased with it. You can get a
72" deck or a comfort & convience package on the 930. You also have a choice of kohler efi or Kawasaki fx801. My Kaw's
Fuel useage just keeps getting better and better and has plenty of power. The hydro's are also very smooth. If you get one spend a little extra and get a suspension seat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 AM
WishforScagWildcat's Avatar
WishforScagWildcat WishforScagWildcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcat View Post
The M series are a pretty nice machine, much like the Z900A series except re-balanced i think with a different cast iron weight on the back, a little smaller gas tank, a hand parking brake instead of the foot brake, no diagnostics, 10 mph instead of 12, no cross porting, and some cosmetic changes. I believe you can get an isolation seat on them as well, I may be wrong though. I have driven a Z925M efi for a short period of time and it was very nice from what I could tell, a lot like my Z950A. I would take one any day over a Wildcat but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for the opinions, I love scag but for what its worth Ill take a deer over the scag any day!
__________________
Who's Best work is When No Body is Watching me every second of the Day!!!
John Deere 737 w/23hp kawi and 60in" 7iorn2
Exmark Metro w/15hp kawi and 36"ultracut2
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:13 AM
WishforScagWildcat's Avatar
WishforScagWildcat WishforScagWildcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCareNoobie View Post
Should be plenty of room to get the zturn and 36" on trailer.
Thanks, I figured I could get away with it but when I did the math I came up with a 14' measurement?
__________________
Who's Best work is When No Body is Watching me every second of the Day!!!
John Deere 737 w/23hp kawi and 60in" 7iorn2
Exmark Metro w/15hp kawi and 36"ultracut2
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:15 AM
WishforScagWildcat's Avatar
WishforScagWildcat WishforScagWildcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I have a z930m 60" and am very pleased with it. You can get a
72" deck or a comfort & convience package on the 930. You also have a choice of kohler efi or Kawasaki fx801. My Kaw's
Fuel useage just keeps getting better and better and has plenty of power. The hydro's are also very smooth. If you get one spend a little extra and get a suspension seat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Will do on the suspension seat, but I am not sure the efi will make a big difference. At the moment Im a part time guy who is looking to go full time but the fuel savings don't add up for me!
__________________
Who's Best work is When No Body is Watching me every second of the Day!!!
John Deere 737 w/23hp kawi and 60in" 7iorn2
Exmark Metro w/15hp kawi and 36"ultracut2
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnCareNoobie's Avatar
LawnCareNoobie LawnCareNoobie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishforScagWildcat View Post
Thanks, I figured I could get away with it but when I did the math I came up with a 14' measurement?
Did you measure the width of the walkbehind or the length? I'm thinking it would fit if you put it on sideways.

I have a JD 925a and a 36" toro tbar walkbehind. Fits just fine if I put the walk behind on facing the side of the trailer and not the front.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
WishforScagWildcat's Avatar
WishforScagWildcat WishforScagWildcat is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 195
I figured I would have to do that, does anyone suggest a side ramp?
__________________
Who's Best work is When No Body is Watching me every second of the Day!!!
John Deere 737 w/23hp kawi and 60in" 7iorn2
Exmark Metro w/15hp kawi and 36"ultracut2
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
LawnCareNoobie's Avatar
LawnCareNoobie LawnCareNoobie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishforScagWildcat View Post
I figured I would have to do that, does anyone suggest a side ramp?
If you can modify it yourself or buy a different trailer with one, they are pretty handy to have. Just drive it right up and you're all set. No fighting with it to turn it sideways on trailer. I don't use my 36" that much so I don't have the need to own one with a side ramp personally.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.07917 seconds with 9 queries