Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Charles is just saying that cause he is old and rich. Have 23 for today and five left over from rain out yesterday. Sad bit looks like a rain out today
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing but rain in my forecast. Looks like I am taking off from mowing this weekend, but the OT at the other job is just to good to turn down so I will be building jet engines this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
Charles is just saying that cause he is old and rich. Have 23 for today and five left over from rain out yesterday. Sad bit looks like a rain out today
If I were rich, I would be out on my Yacht in the Caribbean right now
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't plan on working but the rain set me back a little, I will only do one lawn I promised the customer I would get to it before the 4th

Heading out now and should be back in less than 2 hours.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think there is a big difference between wanting to run your business on Holidays and saying you have to. You may have a problem somewhere if you think you have to do something you don't want to when you are supposed to be self employed. One day or a few days off are not going to break you or make you rich. Most customers expect you to take off during Holidays.
I think life is supposed to have a balance of work and relaxation, all year around. Very important to being physically healthy. Very important to the family side of things.

My guys will work twenty hours for a day for a three or four day weekends and that's fine, they get paid for the fourth. I left for vacation this week and said you know what to do so get it done, I have great guys and we don't HAVE to do anything.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've got our regular set of lawns. The roads are empty. Incredible that so many people are able to take off. Nobody is working today. Is a day off really worth losing money to people? Not me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2013, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's so nice and dry its worth working. I would think many people are sleeping in, so starting after 9 is a good idea IMO.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang Charles had to bring up a boat on the ocean. Now all I can think of is a picture of John Gamba and his hot tub pics.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Done our thursday lawns and home already. Might go ahead and mow my 2 acres now. Had 2 customers come out on the first set of 4 lawns and give us checks and they wanted to chat it up a bit because they dont get to see us often. Nobody seemed upset at all. We waited until 8am to start today.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think there is a big difference between wanting to run your business on Holidays and saying you have to. You may have a problem somewhere if you think you have to do something you don't want to when you are supposed to be self employed. One day or a few days off are not going to break you or make you rich. Most customers expect you to take off during Holidays.
I think life is supposed to have a balance of work and relaxation, all year around. Very important to being physically healthy. Very important to the family side of things.
Amen to that^. Work to damn hard every other day to not enjoy a day off with family and friends-would NEVER force my guys to work a holiday in the warm weather months-there's enough of that during the snow season.
Posted via Mobile Device