http://www.tractorsupply.com//Produc...&storeId=10151

I use this.
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Old 07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Weed applicator? Hire a pro--that is the best bet.
If you mean equipment, and you are already licensed, then a back pack sprayer is the best bet, Solo for instance. But a lot depends on the length of the fence line. 200 feet or 2 miles?

Unlicensed people are sometimes not too careful.

I saw a lady in my neighborhood spraying cracks in her driveway--no glasses, no gloves, short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops on her feet. At least she was not nude.
I tried to take a cell pic as a bad example--but I couldn't do it as she noticed me.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a worse story than that. My neighbor who was 7 months pregnant out spraying spectracide weed control (2-4,d) in tank top, shorty shorts and flip flops. she gets done and just throws the hose end down with whatever is left in the sprayer onto the ground. The younger kids were outside playing around it. I did mention something to her. I swear there should be a license required to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post

I saw a lady in my neighborhood spraying cracks in her driveway--no glasses, no gloves, short sleeves, shorts, and flip flops on her feet. At least she was not nude.
I tried to take a cell pic as a bad example--but I couldn't do it as she noticed me.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i got a worse story than that. My neighbor who was 7 months pregnant out spraying spectracide weed control (2-4,d) in tank top, shorty shorts and flip flops. she gets done and just throws the hose end down with whatever is left in the sprayer onto the ground. The younger kids were outside playing around it. I did mention something to her. I swear there should be a license required to reproduce.
tank top? shorty shorts? hmmm sounds good all except the pregnant part.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah.. lol. she was pulling it off though i have to say. poor kid though. hopefully it will have all its fingers and toes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
tank top? shorty shorts? hmmm sounds good all except the pregnant part.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
I wish I could use that! http://www.tscstores.com doesn't sell it in Canada due to pesticide restrictions. Us Ontario folk get nothing that 'just works'.

Best I've used is Fiesta, although it's $100 per 4L (slightly over 1US gal). I don't have an extermination license so I can only get the 4L size instead of the 10L and larger sizes at a lower cost per liter. Even I know to wear proper protective boots and clothing when spraying. The salesman told me the only difference between the 4L and larger sizes is the labeling on the container. The 4L gives you instructions on the bottle, along with various warnings, etc.

The issue with the Canadian crap is it's weather dependent. It needs to be applied in advance of rain by at least 48 hours for maximum effectiveness. A second application must follow in about 30 days. From everything I've tried since the pesticides ban back in 2008, this Fiesta seems to work the best so far at killing weeds. Like most products available in Canada, Fiesta has the highest concentration of iron, hence the high cost.