Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2013, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Customer Appreciation Event

Good afternoon folks. What are your thoughts on holding a customer appreciation event? Just for a little background, I have about 75 lawn customers and another 40 or so plow customers that I would invite (not to mention a couple dealers as well as friends, family, etc). I have plans for a BBQ on Saturday July 6th with a live band and fireworks. Nothing fancy, just a good time for everyone to socialize and me to say thanks.

Anyone else do these types of things? Do you get good turnout? Do you do RSVP only? Other thoughts/suggestions? Don't bother turning this into a bash fest. Please only constructive suggestions.

2012 GMC 3500HD
9'2" Boss Power V Snowplow
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel
9'2" Boss Power VXT Snowplow
1.75 yard sander
2013 22' Suretrac HD Skid Steer trailer
2012 24' Suretrac HD Deckover trailer
2011 72" Kubota ZD331 Diesel
2009 60" Kubota ZD331 Diesel (with bagger)
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS
Old 05-25-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Subscribing.....I was trying to think of something similar but I can't think of anything without sounding like "everyone come over and talk about how great we are" lol. Not quite but you know what I mean?? Don't want to come across as weird. Maybe some kind of "greater cause" that everyone may like. Like, sending invites out to all customers for a non-profit fundraiser you are running - say like for every plate we serve, we are donating $5 to SPCA or something, you know? Just an example.....

Any thoughts?

Jason
Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Woah....just realized you're from Maine too.....where you guys out of? How about this nasty weather? hahah...
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Subscribing.....I was trying to think of something similar but I can't think of anything without sounding like "everyone come over and talk about how great we are" lol. Not quite but you know what I mean?? Don't want to come across as weird. Maybe some kind of "greater cause" that everyone may like. Like, sending invites out to all customers for a non-profit fundraiser you are running - say like for every plate we serve, we are donating $5 to SPCA or something, you know? Just an example.....

Any thoughts?

Jason
I like the idea! I will have to think on that on how to work it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Woah....just realized you're from Maine too.....where you guys out of? How about this nasty weather? hahah...
I am in Machias. This nasty weather is killing me. I've worked 2 days in the last 7 days. I should be working 7 days a week right now. 3"+ of rain yesterday alone. Brutal.

2012 GMC 3500HD
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
1.75 yard sander
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS
Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Most of us are pretty blue collar and probably enjoy a good lunch at the equiptment dealers or having a bbq for employees but my customers are very white collar and either very rich or at least very well off. I love their money but alot of them dont even look the crews in the eye or even see them. I can't really imagine them showing up at a company sponsored BBQ.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clcare2 View Post
Most of us are pretty blue collar and probably enjoy a good lunch at the equiptment dealers or having a bbq for employees but my customers are very white collar and either very rich or at least very well off. I love their money but alot of them dont even look the crews in the eye or even see them. I can't really imagine them showing up at a company sponsored BBQ.
I understand where you're coming from. I am in a different situation. Most of my customers would love to come to such an event. I am friends with many of my customers already.

2012 GMC 3500HD
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
1.75 yard sander
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS
Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clcare2 View Post
That's where image comes into play, if you look like blue collar workers then you will be treated accordingly.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
That's where image comes into play, if you look like blue collar workers then you will be treated accordingly.
We ARE blue collar workers. At least those in the field are.

2012 GMC 3500HD
Sno-Ex Sand Pro
1.75 yard sander
Stihl trimmers, echo PAS
Old 05-26-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We have been doing these events for years. I invite all my "A" clients to an appreciation BBQ every summer. Usually around 50 people(spouse included). I man the grill and my wife handles apps. Great way for people to meet and mingle.

My "A" clients are my top third by gross dollars spent in the previous season. I always have a few exceptions for clients I just really like or who know a ton of people.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
sorry to hijack, but if khaki's, polo's, no long hair, only maintained and trimmed facial hair, no visible tattoos or piercing(including earrings) is dressing blue collar then whast are you wearing cause that's company dress code. We are in the service industry and many people who hire us look down on those who they hire. Most of it isn't really personal.

I was just saying that is a decent idea but I didnt think my clients would respond well.