Register free!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Hunter ICC Programming

I have a property with 2 ICC controllers. One system only have 8 zones on it... easy peasey.

Another have 16 zones.

My question is this: Will a program set on 'A' and a program set on 'B' run at the same time? Or do they have to have start times consecutive, rather than simultaneous?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.hunterindustries.com/site...OM_ICC_DOM.pdf

There is the manual. I believe that the ICC will stack the program start times for program A, B and C. D will run concurrently with A, B or C. Even if you set the same start times on all three programs I believe that it will run A, then B and then C. I can't find anything in the manual regarding program stacking. I know that on certain Rain Bird controllers you can select whether the programs stack or run concurrently. Maybe Rod will chime in on this one.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Member

SoCalLandscapeMgmt wins the prize! He is correct. Nice job. Program D is the ONLY schedule that will overlap (run concurrently) with any other program. If given identical start times the sort order is alphabetical. Otherwise, the earliest start time on any program wins and the other schedules will stack accordingly except (again) for Program D, which will overlap. The I-Core controller, considered the ICC replacement, will automatically overlap any two programs, not just "D". Have a great July 4th guys.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm curious if there are controllers with a setting to allow/disallow concurrent zones/programs running.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I'm curious if there are controllers with a setting to allow/disallow concurrent zones/programs running.
Rain Bird ESP-MC and ESP-LXM / LXME will let you select stack or concurrent.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
http://www.hunterindustries.com/site...OM_ICC_DOM.pdf

There is the manual. I believe that the ICC will stack the program start times for program A, B and C. D will run concurrently with A, B or C. Even if you set the same start times on all three programs I believe that it will run A, then B and then C. I can't find anything in the manual regarding program stacking. I know that on certain Rain Bird controllers you can select whether the programs stack or run concurrently. Maybe Rod will chime in on this one.
What he said .... and it does stack (A, B, C). I'll add to HTG's response that if you program a station into schedule D, that station is not available on any other schedule .... which the controller makes obvious.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Okay, so if I have zones 1 thru 16 and want them to run 1-8, 2-9, 3-10, 4-11 etc etc etc I have to use program A and program D to do so?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1592 View Post
Okay, so if I have zones 1 thru 16 and want them to run 1-8, 2-9, 3-10, 4-11 etc etc etc I have to use program A and program D to do so?
Explain what you just wrote.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, now that I look back, made no sense.

I want them to run at the same time.... for example, zones 1 and 8 to run at the same time. 2 and 9 and so on so forth. I need multiple zones to fire so as to be able to water in the time frame the customer has set...
Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1592 View Post
Sorry, now that I look back, made no sense.

I want them to run at the same time.... for example, zones 1 and 8 to run at the same time. 2 and 9 and so on so forth. I need multiple zones to fire so as to be able to water in the time frame the customer has set...
How do you even know the zones can run concurrently, on the water supply they have?

Tags
controller , hunter , icc , irrigation , programming