Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
I know this might not work for some of you but if you get dumped, continue to treat that ex-customer with respect & a positive attitude. I've had a few come back after realizing they made a mistake.
+plus 1. You are classy. I am not sure the clients deserve your service though.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExmarkBoy View Post
I'm thinking the first commercial property I'm going to bid will be the pool property in the neighborhood that I grew up and live in. Been passing it every day for years, and I've done other work for the HOA before. It's not real huge, and so I think that I could start with that and then work my way up.

And to razor1: Great reminder. That is what I have always done. The way I have grown my business, almost all my customers are within 2 miles of me, and I have all the work I could do on my own. I've never gone into debt, and I know my customers very well because I see them everyday like neighbors. The only problem is that even though I have (generally) TREMENDOUS customer loyalty, I can't go home and leave my business at the 'office'. I would have to leave town to leave my business. Guess it's good I love my work.
I just realized that almost all of the second paragraph was meant for a completely different thread. It doesn't fit. Sorry for derailing the thread everyone.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've had clients come back also, after they figured out that the deal they thought they were getting wasn't such a deal after all.