The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZLawnPros View Post
3,000-
=67,000

Okay. I am assuming after all is said and done after all expenses and all your taxes, you still end up somewhere in between 52,000 to 56,000
, .

52,000 to 56,000 is where I am at after expenses are considered then its tax time , many work hours to get to that point too,

even the big business owner can't escape the hours in, we work hard and long, lawn and landscape work does not pay big money , some businesses do make big or bigger money, but this work is just marginally better than a job unless you start thinking about the hours you put in, which then makes it questionable
Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So it is 52k to 56k before you start your taxes? Ouch. I can see why you're quite concerned.

I would definitely take a long look at a lot of things if I was bringing home 40k on a gross of 80k.

This is exactly why I do not like the usofA. Funny how it is supposed to be illegal to double tax us people. But every single thing we do or want is taxed.
Most people think food isn't taxed. HAH. Every single ingredient is taxed somewhere down the line before we purchase it. It is built into our food prices.
Everything that goes into making a lawnmower is taxed (metals, plastics, rubbers etc.) before we purchase it. Then the end purchase is also taxed.

I dare you to keep a receipt for every single thing you do and purchase throughout the year. Add up all the taxes on each receipt. Then add that to your simple taxes for your business and personal. You will SH!T yourself when all is said and done. Your yearly flow will see that on average in a nutshell each person pays well over 55 to 60% in just bullsh!t taxes just to live.

But hey, just go hire some CPA for an astronomical sum so he can get 20% of that back to you.