search sponsored by:
Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-27-2015, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member
The tool you cant live without?

We have alittle "extra" money in our tool budget (couple thousand) and we were asked whats one tool or a couple we want to get to help us out day to day or with certain tasks in our profession. So I'm looking for ideas of what you guys find is useful or helps get a job done faster or something new and cool. I've been thinking and cant come up with much, Just seeing if theres something out there that we dont have or never heard of. Thanks
Old 09-27-2015, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member
Hmm jrco leaf plow or multi tool with articulating hedge trimmer and chainsaw head. Your choice of brand I have Echo SRM 280. Articulating hedge trimmer is a million times more useful than fixed head BTW. Leaf plow is just awesome for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2015, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member
aint got much on topic but heres somethin

the redmax 8500 back pack for sure speeds us up with its power to move stuff more quickly , plus improves quality of our work with the extra cleaning we can do with it . we ran redmax 7500 series over a decade and they were great but the extra 8500 power makes a legit difference . so if have lesser powered back packs ide consider them

this aint a tool per say and theres higher quality knives but these $45 cold steel are rock solid , the lock back very strong . if buy be aware they come VERY SHARP . plus i tighten the handle down onto blade more to make it harder for blade to come out of handle because you damn sure dont want to reach in pocket with this blade opened up a bit . i went thru near 10 $50 range pocket knives and this best by far . also if buying check out at youtube so can see the exact size in somebodys hand because this large version i use might be too big for some to want to carry