Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2013, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I get most of my leads from my website and referrals.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's the thing. Your leads do not come from your website. They come from another source possibly directing them to your website, and your website provides the information and credibility the customer needs in order proceed to the step of contacting you. Knowing the rest of the puzzle is a very important part.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
That's the thing. Your leads do not come from your website. They come from another source possibly directing them to your website, and your website provides the information and credibility the customer needs in order proceed to the step of contacting you. Knowing the rest of the puzzle is a very important part.
Well they might get there from google, But if someone in my area is searching for service, bam, my site pops up they call me. I have picked up so much work from my site this year. Hands down the best marketing route I've gone.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
This may be true for some or even all of your work and it is an important concept to understand but it is not necessarily true for everyone. I get many calls from locals who are familiar with me and have gone to my website but I also get leads from out of town landlords or family members who simply found me through google, went to my website and filled out my contact form. My sales style afterwards closes the deal but initially my website did 100% of the lead generation for that customer. I know that my website is working well through google as I'm even beginning to get calls for related fields (tree removal) that I don't even promote on my website and for areas that I do not service but are near areas I do that are listed on my website.
Overall I think a website can be an extremely useful tool for lead generation, as was mentioned earlier your demographics are important too though. I'm in a rural area where the 2 larger nearby towns are around 10,000 and there is not a lot of competition with other websites.