Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
mag360's Avatar
mag360 mag360 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southeast Pa
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
For some reason I can't get Oregon's site to work right now, so check on the Deere 72" blades if you can. I know they have the drop down/humped center like a Gravely, and look almost identical. I can't recall if I checked them the other night or not. They are 3"W x .250" thick, and come in high lift configuration, maybe they'd work out for you.
Thanks - I sold our 757 a while back and forgot about those blades.

Looks like they are 25 long by 3 wide - what a shame. Spacers should do the trick though. I remember being frustrated that the scag blades wouldn't fit the Deere.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
I think the low lift blades might leave this particular deck wanting some baffle. The discharge velocity is a little light and that seems to be more of a problem that the deck loading up. It feels like the xf1 we have running at about 3/4 throttle. I may have a chance to get under ours today and try the adjustment I think will help but the nest set of blades will be from scag. That's what I really expect to help.
This could be totally true. But to not take a few minutes to try the baffles off and in different positions is strange to say the least...or even comparing the cut on the lawn I see his super z cut pics on.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
mag360's Avatar
mag360 mag360 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southeast Pa
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
This could be totally true. But to not take a few minutes to try the baffles off and in different positions is strange to say the least...or even comparing the cut on the lawn I see his super z cut pics on.
True and the top position is worst. I think I remember him saying he had back issues at one point so maybe that's what is stopping him from doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
True and the top position is worst. I think I remember him saying he had back issues at one point so maybe that's what is stopping him from doing it.
If thats the case Im a jerk and apologize. Its not worth getting hurt over. But still would like to see a fair comparision on a lawn thats halfway decent.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
I can sympathise with these guys as I had the same trouble with mine. One of the reasons I don't own it anymore. IMO the problem is due to the HyperDrives power. The 72" doesn't have the problem due to the extra weight of the deck & most likely the longer wheelbase would be a factor. Less ability to lift the front end.

Im certain this is partly the reason hustler offered a SZ without the large pumps!
Definitely for what Puppy does and his style mowing the HD 72 is the best mower on the market I think by far but most do not need that much mower, even Mchippy misses the smaller package for more compact jobs.

If you get a Super HD the 72 is the one to get other than that for most a different style 60 would probably be better?
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
True and the top position is worst. I think I remember him saying he had back issues at one point so maybe that's what is stopping him from doing it.
What's stopping me from removing the baffle is I'm not sure Gravely wants me taking a new mower and making physical changes to their machine, and this is the reason I have the rep looking into the situation. He is supposedly calling me back, and I would think maybe today.

I can't believe this weather, it was again raining this morning at 7:00 am, and when I looked at the radar there appeared to be no rain within 100 miles except for one small area, and this was over and around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Definitely for what Puppy does and his style mowing the HD 72 is the best mower on the market I think by far but most do not need that much mower, even Mchippy misses the smaller package for more compact jobs.

If you get a Super HD the 72 is the one to get other than that for most a different style 60 would probably be better?
I talked with a gentleman yesterday that had been running his own lawn business for 18 yrs., and he preferred his 2012 60" Huslter Super Z over all other mowers, and he had an Exmark and Scag on his trailer, so what this means is depending on what part of the country you mow in has bearing on which mower one may prefer.
__________________
Farm Mower

Last edited by puppypaws; 07-17-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Puppy are you working with Jim?
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Puppy are you working with Jim?
No, his name is Rob Strife from SC...
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 07-17-2013, 12:12 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
No, his name is Rob Strife from SC...
Doesnt ring a bell. I have worked with Jim Becker. Thought maybe he was the district manager around you.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
What's stopping me from removing the baffle is I'm not sure Gravely wants me taking a new mower and making physical changes to their machine, and this is the reason I have the rep looking into the situation. He is supposedly calling me back, and I would think maybe today.

I can't believe this weather, it was again raining this morning at 7:00 am, and when I looked at the radar there appeared to be no rain within 100 miles except for one small area, and this was over and around me.



I talked with a gentleman yesterday that had been running his own lawn business for 18 yrs., and he preferred his 2012 60" Huslter Super Z over all other mowers, and he had an Exmark and Scag on his trailer, so what this means is depending on what part of the country you mow in has bearing on which mower one may prefer.
One thing is for sure that deck skip is real on the 60, we saw it with our own 2 eyes here on Candid Camera.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.12916 seconds with 8 queries