Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Applying Manor with consumer products

Hello all,
I'm a DIYer, and have a growing Bahiagrass problem in my yard. My lawn is healthy otherwise...and is about 50% hybrid sod Bermuda...and 50% common Bermuda that I seeded myself. Everything seemed under control up to about a month ago. We've had excessive rain over the past 2 months or so. During heavy rains, runoff from my neighbors yards runs through a low area of my yard....this seems to have carried multiple grassy weed seeds into my property...primarily Bahiagrass. My springtime Dimension application likely lost effectiveness during this timeframe, which doesn't help.

I tried some Image herbicide on it about 3 weeks ago...but it only seemed to have stunted the Bahia for a couple of weeks. It's really taken off the last few days.

I have a 2-once bottle of Manor that I purchased previously, but have never used...primarily because I don't know how to apply it accurately. The label is here: http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld6KL006.pdf . It says to apply at .25-.75 ounces per acre. My entire lawn is about .4 acres, and the problem area is maybe about a quarter of my yard (.1 acres). So, by my math I need to apply ~.05 ounces of Manor.

Can I apply manor by using a hose-end sprayer? I have a Gilmour 362 Professional No Pre-Mix Sprayer that I use to apply everything else. Can I mix the Manor with water in the sprayer-tank and apply that way? Should I use a surfactant with it?

Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.