Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

52" Rapid Height won't start

My 2009 52" Stander Rapid Height with 600 hours is not starting. What I thought was a dead battery is not the case. I put a new battery in last night and it worked this morning but going to the next property it does not start. There's power because I can hear the hour meter ticking but nothing as far as engine cranking. Couldn't be the platform sensor cause the blades aren't on. I'm thinking starter or some other electrical problem? Any ideas? What do I have to do as far freeing up the hydros so I can roll it off the trailer so I can use my 36" stander for the rest of day?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

try jump starting it, if that works then you have a short somewhere that is draining power. also clean all connections, sometimes the blade delay board gets dirty and can short across causing a no start condition. have had this happen more than once in dusty conditions. as far as hydro's go, look in the manual online it will tell you how to relieve the pressure so it can be rolled. there is a bolt you can unscrew to allow the fluid to flow freely through them to allow machine to be moved.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for replying. I ended dropping it off at my local shop. they used to sell wright but not no more. Should hear something midweek. I'll be cutting with the 36" until it's back. I'll tell you what I've had it with this mower. I have no time or patience for issues. Never had problems with the Bobcat ZTR and Toro WB I had in the 6 years I've been in business and they were used. Double cutting every lawn. Cut quality kills me.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'm about fed up with mine as well. if they would just design a deck that cut well they'd have the stander market cornered.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Sponsor

Cut It Close,

There is a start interlock switch between the pumps that could be faulty or the start solenoid could be faulty. You can run the green wire from the engine harness directly to the solenoid to bypass the switch if everything works then the switch is bad. If it still doesn't crank then the solenoid is at fault, the solenoid can be jumped by touching a wrench to it's two posts, this will put the battery voltage directly to the starter bypassing the solenoid.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
Cut It Close,

There is a start interlock switch between the pumps that could be faulty or the start solenoid could be faulty. You can run the green wire from the engine harness directly to the solenoid to bypass the switch if everything works then the switch is bad. If it still doesn't crank then the solenoid is at fault, the solenoid can be jumped by touching a wrench to it's two posts, this will put the battery voltage directly to the starter bypassing the solenoid.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Wow! A manufacture that doesn't tell you to take it to a dealer for repairs.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a 48 Sentar sport and the guy I bought it off modified the parking brake and when he did the safety switch will not fully engage so I have to put pressure on it while turning the key. When I bought it the guy started it and I was not really paying attention so when I got home it would not start. I went out and bought a new battery for nothing then I called the guy and he told me how to start it. I call it my anti-theft device but sometimes it's a pain.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Sponsor

knox gsl,

There are definitely certain situations that would require a trip to the dealer but some issues are easily worked around until a proper repair can be done so the day isn't ruined.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Ended up being the PTO switch.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Back in the shop again. This time it doesn't move. I was cutting and something sorta popped and nothing. I'm guessing hydro belt. Been using the 36" for my 50 accounts I have all week...killing me.