Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Laser z ct help

Hi guys, I hope you are all staying busy and doing well.

Ok here goes, in December I bought a laser z ct a 2006 model with 938 hours on it. The thing was running great, until one day the mower cut off on me. I am an electrician by trade and checked the solenoid and it was working great. It cooled off and started right back up. A week later same thing, it almost has a loping noise to the engine. Well I replaced all the safeties and it kept happening so I replaced both high voltage coils figuring maybe I dropped a cylinder. Well after the engine starts loping its only a matter of time before it cuts out. Only difference is I can start it right up but it will die when I engage the pto. After looking at the wireing scamatic for the 19 hp kawai the only other thing it could be is the fuel solenoid. Well I tested it and it sucked it in. So I don't know. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you. Rob.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Test run it again. When it starts to "lope" which I assume you mean surge, pull the choke out
in 1/4 steps. See if it helps. If it does, stop with the electrical, and look toward fuel. Stop
throwing parts at it and wasting money. Use a systematic approach to at least isolate the issue.
Trying to repair it before you know what's wrong it ridiculous .
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky86 View Post
Test run it again. When it starts to "lope" which I assume you mean surge, pull the choke out
in 1/4 steps. See if it helps. If it does, stop with the electrical, and look toward fuel. Stop
throwing parts at it and wasting money. Use a systematic approach to at least isolate the issue.
Trying to repair it before you know what's wrong it ridiculous .

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try that. When I work on it I take the carborator apart and have the blades engaged I stand on the seat and watch the spring and it floats up and down. And that's the cause of the lope I don't know why it moves up in down. The spring for the throttle, from hook to hook its about 5 inches long.