Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-21-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome, you might try to figure out where they are going and spray the entrance or area some. I brown out grass with the aerosol stuff sometimes, but it seems to come right back from it. Get em while they are few, and leave no survivors. Bury the women and children if you need to, but kill em all. That aerosol will knock em dead right out of the air if you didn't figure that out yet.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

My buddy just found a huge bee's nest in his back yard. The bee keeper that came and got it charged him $300, it took him 3 trips to get all the bees.

A good friend will bail you out of jail but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying dang that was fun..
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Little late but this works pretty good. Powdered orthene (fire ant killer) or something like sevin sprinkled around and in the hole will work in a few days. The bees don't fly down the hole they land and walk in, right through the insecticide.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by show-n-go View Post
My buddy just found a huge bee's nest in his back yard. The bee keeper that came and got it charged him $300, it took him 3 trips to get all the bees.
Your buddy got taken. There are beekeepers in this area that do it for nothing. I called one on a swarm of bees I spotted and he came that day. Called me and thanked me.
If they had been undesirable bees like a hornets nest he wouldn't have taken them. Just killed them.

And by the way, if you're killing bees, weeds or anything for a customer you're applying pesticides and need a license.
I'm licensed in 8 categories but not vertebrate pests (rats & mice). So if a customer has moles I tell them what to buy and where to get it. And tell them "FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!"
Customers can apply pesticides on their property that would be illegal for me to apply.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro 455 View Post
I'm licensed in 8 categories but not vertebrate pests (rats & mice). So if a customer has moles I tell them what to buy and where to get it. And tell them "FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!"
Customers can apply pesticides on their property that would be illegal for me to apply.
if I didn't cut a lawn or finish a landscape project bc of some bees my clients would give me the boot

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had to do a double-take on the thread. At first glance I thought it was "getting rid of beers". So naturally, I'm thinking "I can help these guys out".
Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack Lawn Care View Post
I had to do a double-take on the thread. At first glance I thought it was "getting rid of beers". So naturally, I'm thinking "I can help these guys out".
Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's Friday and it's raining!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh I guess you haven't heard that millions if not billions of bees have died in the last few years. There is a serious decline of bees which we need for survival. You definitely don't want to kill them. You should be able to call a bee keeper who will come and take them away.