Register free!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We had a Malibu / Home Depot / Lowes collection at the office that we used to laugh about until it filled a 55 gallon drum.

It absolutely amazes me how many lawn care companies install that junk. I am not saying all landscapers use them, I just know any real lighting company would never.

We do irrigation and landscape lighting, yet we install what we feel is the highest of quality when it comes to products.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

It's funny... I'm reading this thread... and just today, I went to a home in response to a call from a homeowner who is having a party on Saturday and wanted his lighting 'fixed' up. When I went to the back yard, I saw a plethora of cheap, home depot 'lights', and two Portfolio transformers. The client was telling me that he's changed the bulbs on some but others that he did, still don't work.

I told him that it wouldn't be cost effective for him to pay me $25 for 15 minutes to fix a $5.00 light fixture. We discussed a basic design that I suggested to him and he seemed to like but to do in the fall.

At that point, I told him I had to go... and that he could try to jiggle the snap over the wire connectors that likely came loose which is why his lights don't work.

Moral of the story to the OP... buy a quality landscape lighting transformer from a trusted company and call it a day.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask your irrigation supplier for suggestions. They likely supply lighting equipment and may have what you need in stock. Good luck