Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That stihl trimmer is huge! What do you use it for? Love the kubota
Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
That stihl trimmer is huge! What do you use it for? Love the kubota
Haha it's the Stihl fs 250r, the biggest baddest weedeater Stihl makes. I use it for bi weekly accounts mainly but I got so use to the extra power that I will probably make it my main and keep my shindaiwa for back up. It just drinks fuel!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Everything looks awesome, especially for just starting out. Nice truck, even nicer mower! I love the Stihl, but man is that thing a beast. I bet it is pretty heavy to carry around trimming.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Everything looks awesome, especially for just starting out. Nice truck, even nicer mower! I love the Stihl, but man is that thing a beast. I bet it is pretty heavy to carry around trimming.
You know when you are serious about cutting grass when your mower cost more than your truck hahaha! I I haven't really just started out I just got more serious now.It can get a little heavy but I figured out a way when I start feeling the weight I hold it a certain way so that my arm gets a rest, it's worth having. Thanks for the kind words I need to get some more pics up I just don't do much yet to "show off".
Old 07-18-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
You know when you are serious about cutting grass when your mower cost more than your truck hahaha! I I haven't really just started out I just got more serious now.It can get a little heavy but I figured out a way when I start feeling the weight I hold it a certain way so that my arm gets a rest, it's worth having. Thanks for the kind words I need to get some more pics up I just don't do much yet to "show off".
Yeah, I like the Kubota. I have a FS-90 and I use it to mow cemeteries so I use it 8-10 hours a day and it gets really heavy. I would love to get something bigger, like a FS-250 but I couldn't carry it around all day. I think my FS-90 weighs like 11 pounds and that is about two heavy. I sure do love Stihl trimmers and handheld equipment.

I hope your Dodge works out well for you. I had a 1999 Ram 2500 and I loved it but it had the V-10 and it sucked gas like nothing else so I recently got rid of it and got a Ford diesel. Be careful with the transmission but no bigger than your trailer is, I would think you would be okay.

I am looking forward to seeing more pictures!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Yeah, I like the Kubota. I have a FS-90 and I use it to mow cemeteries so I use it 8-10 hours a day and it gets really heavy. I would love to get something bigger, like a FS-250 but I couldn't carry it around all day. I think my FS-90 weighs like 11 pounds and that is about two heavy. I sure do love Stihl trimmers and handheld equipment.

I hope your Dodge works out well for you. I had a 1999 Ram 2500 and I loved it but it had the V-10 and it sucked gas like nothing else so I recently got rid of it and got a Ford diesel. Be careful with the transmission but no bigger than your trailer is, I would think you would be okay.

I am looking forward to seeing more pictures!
I remember when I worked for a company for a while I would use the fs 100rx it was light as a feather haha. I don't think I could handle the 250 around a cemetery, I think that would be the end of my arm. Between houses I get a little break so I'm usually fine, a 2 acre account it takes me a hour and 15 to weedeat it's a bit tiring but I get use to it. I think if you used one and saw all the power it had you would just fall in love and not care! Ah my friend has one with the v10 its cool but he gets 11mpg and towing forget it.

This dodge loves gas as well I'm getting 12 mpg just driving around then with the trailer like 8 or 9 if I'm lucky. Nice what year ford is it? Yeah I'm not going to tow anything bigger than that trailer on that truck. My heart belongs to a 2012 dodge ram 2500 mega cab cummins then a 8x16 enclosed trailer. I did some hedges the other day but I forgot to take pics! Again thanks for the encouragement!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some work from this week. Nothing special but just wanted to share.

Decided to weedeat the bank. The 250 was a beast!
Before:

After:

How I cover myself up when I weedeat nasty stuff
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My stripes even though you can't really stripe st. augustine

I'm trying to post a few more pictures but, they won't drag and down load so ill make sure to get them up later.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A yard I mowed today.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some hedge work. I forgot to take before pictures

My dog snuck into that pic haha

This account has a ton of more hedges but I didn't get pics of them all. It takes me all day to do them I was tired.