Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
What sort of price is the Gravely 34?

It weighs 725 lbs, man that's heavy, definitely would need to do the tire upgrade! Almost twice the weight of the husky!

Not sure if Porcupine requires a catcher, but the gravely doesn't appear to have a rear mount bagger, it would be an accelerator. Only problem I can see with that is this makes it so wide, kind of defeating the purpose of having a narrow Z, ie trying to fit through a tree/garden bed while mowing or just a couple fruit trees planted together etc.

Im now trying to imagine the husky with those wide tires fitted, providing it doesn't make the machine too much wider for gates, then it would be an excellent mod!! could make the difference between mowing after some rain or not for the risk of rutting.
I had a gravely 34 stander and it was 730lbs...way to heavy!! I had to get rid of it for the ferris because those narrow tires were horrible...and it would just barely fit through a 36" gate, so if I had've put wider tires on it there was no way it was gettin through. I sure do miss that mower! Gravely makes a great mower...
Old 07-15-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea theres always a catch eh! The OP was after a Z that will get through a 36" gate.

Although I think some guys were measuring 35.5" with the wider tires on stock rims in that thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...22+tire&page=2
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
If you go with the Gravely Compact Pro 34 you'll want to do the tire mod. The Compact Pro is more $ however the nice thing about that is if your main mower goes down you still have a Z to use. There were several guys on here who run the Gravely as their main mower, IIRC there was a thread where a member cut an acre in 17 minutes with the Gravely Compact Pro 34.
I think the Gravely is out for me because it is way too heavy and I would have to pay for shipping because it is not a model that the dealer that stocks gravely sells... Oh well

Last edited by Porcupine Lawn and Snow; 07-15-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
What sort of price is the Gravely 34?

It weighs 725 lbs, man that's heavy, definitely would need to do the tire upgrade! Almost twice the weight of the husky!

Not sure if Porcupine requires a catcher, but the gravely doesn't appear to have a rear mount bagger, it would be an accelerator. Only problem I can see with that is this makes it so wide, kind of defeating the purpose of having a narrow Z, ie trying to fit through a tree/garden bed while mowing or just a couple fruit trees planted together etc.

Im now trying to imagine the husky with those wide tires fitted, providing it doesn't make the machine too much wider for gates, then it would be an excellent mod!! could make the difference between mowing after some rain or not for the risk of rutting.
Yeah WAYYYY too heavy.... No catcher for me except for in the fall. It's all mulch and SD while mowing... I don't have a clue on the Husky price just yet because I didn't get there in time before the dealer closed at 6:00 but I,ll get a price on it tommorow.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THIESSENS TLC View Post
I had a gravely 34 stander and it was 730lbs...way to heavy!! I had to get rid of it for the ferris because those narrow tires were horrible...and it would just barely fit through a 36" gate, so if I had've put wider tires on it there was no way it was gettin through. I sure do miss that mower! Gravely makes a great mower...
I demoed a 34" stander like you use to have but I found a Wright Sentar to be more pratical with it's sitting/standing capability.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yea theres always a catch eh! The OP was after a Z that will get through a 36" gate.

Although I think some guys were measuring 35.5" with the wider tires on stock rims in that thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...22+tire&page=2
35.5?!?!?! Holey Cow! Tight fit!!

How do you multi quote?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineLawnCare View Post
35.5?!?!?! Holey Cow! Tight fit!!

How do you multi quote?
Just hit the multi-quote icon on all the posts you want to reply to...hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Porcupine Lawn and Snow; 07-15-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: coding was messed up so i removed it
Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got a quote today from my Husqvarna dealer for the RZ3016 and it would be $3,164 tax included and he said it's a model they can't keep in stock! So that must say something about the mower!!
greenology... What's the price where you are? I'll do the conversion so don't bother doing that.
Feel free to add anymore feedback anyone.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The RRP over here is $4499. I have got them quite a bit lower than this.
You should check your retail price & do some bargaining with the dealers in the area.

Cant quite compare our prices based on conversion rate alone however, as there would be some import taxes I'm sure & of coarse freight costs added onto our price over here.