Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Toro Turboforce adjustable front baffle.

We almost went to toro back in 2010 and, at the time, I was very impressed with the deck. The front baffle on the discharge side was adjustable fore and aft instead of vertically. Is that still the case and how are they working out?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
We almost went to toro back in 2010 and, at the time, I was very impressed with the deck. The front baffle on the discharge side was adjustable fore and aft instead of vertically. Is that still the case and how are they working out?

Never tried one myself but the guys that cut two houses over from my house uses a 60" turbo force and they leave a hell of a mess that turns brown a couple days later. That is really all I have to gauge it by.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a Exmark with a 60" series 6 and a new Toro with the turbo force deck,for all around Michigan weather i love my Toro,i hardly ever use the Exmark anymore,as far as the turbo force not cutting nice,well i do a lawn right next to a guy with a new Gravely 460,i watched him mow one day and thought man he's going pretty fast and its cutting good,then i went over and looked at the cut closer,needless to say im not impressed,my neighbor has a brand Scag he brought it over we did some side by side cutting also not impressed,if you dont keep your deck clean and have sharp blades anything can give you a bad cut,it also deppends what type of grass your mowing and the weather conditions,i have put 350 hours on my turbo force this year mowing every type of grass and weather and im happy,and let me tell ya if that Scag cut nicer i would go buy one,im not brand loyal to anything.Also some people arnt as picky as others about what a real good cut looks like.I wouldnt buy anything without a real good demo of it.The baffle does work well if you use at the propper time.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

imo when you open the baffle all the way to the C setting it cuts similar to a scag when you close it up to the A setting cut is similar to the exmark on the B setting you kinda have the best of both worlds
Old 07-20-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I know we had the 60 opened up all the way in the front and the cut was still super crisp with good dispersion on wet grass (morning dew) At one point they had a non-adjustable version too. The toro machines seem like a great alternative to exmark. You get the same basic machine with a better deck and much better guage wheels.