Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2013, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

^Some of the work i do^

So here's a little background,
I started mowing lawns when i was young about 13. I lived in a neighborhood so i cut a few lawns around there making some good money to put towards bikes and stuff i wanted. I used my neighbors mower and a cheap weed wacker. It did the job.

Now i'm 21, have a truck and a trailer. Rider mower for now. It's a craftsman 42" 15.5hp. Echo weedwacker and troy bilt back pack blower along with a troy bilt 21" self propelled.

I still do a few lawns in my old neighborhood where i first started and a couple outside around my area. I'm trying to get a bigger mower and really i'm set with hand held's.

I want walk behind. Preferably 48" to get more done and quicker, but anything down to a 36" would be fine because i do residential.

I'll put up pictures of my equipment, truck, trailer and some jobs i do.
I do mostly mowing only. I'm trying to find a nice used hedge trimmer. I don't do planting cause i don't enjoy it and i don't know much about it.
Very seldom weeding cause i absolutely hate it in bigger cases.
Mulching i may get into but at smaller quantities.

I'm getting business cards made up soon to get more accounts.

Well onto the pictures!

Any opinions welcome!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's my rider mower. I am in the process of trying to sell it to get a walk behind

This mower i have had for a while now. I bought this new when i gained enough money to purchase it. I must have been about 16 give or take a yr or two. It's a mulcher and has a bag. Electric start but i don't know where the charger went. It starts nice though.

This is the back pack blower. Troy bilt 4 stroke. Nice and light. Not the most powerful but i have done fall cleanups with it no problem. Got this a few years ago. My dad actually purchased it for doing work around the house so i use it.

My other troy bilt 4 stroke weed wacker broke. It was a pair with the blower basically.
This is an Echo SRM-1501. I got it off CL. 50 bucks! Came with an 8 inch blade instead of the trimmer end. So i went and got a new end for it for 25 bucks.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's my trailer. I got this a few months back and i pull the two mowers in this.

Here's my truck. It's a 95 chevy s10. 4.3 2wd with a 5 speed. This is also my only car.
I put the gas cans along with the trimmer and blower in the back of the bed.

And here it is all set ready to go

Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is a small job i just did today for an older lady. Had to pull a couple unwanted weeds and i trimmed up a little

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I trimmed those up by hand with hedge trimmers. Until i get powered hedge trimmers i won't do much hedge trimming. I kind of enjoy it though. Always looks great with freshly trimmed hedges.

Last edited by TJW_692; 07-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJW_692 View Post
Here is a small job i just did today for an older lady. Had to pull a couple unwanted weeds and i trimmed up a little

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I trimmed those up by hand with hedge trimmers. Until i get powered hedge trimmers i won't do much hedge trimming. I kind of enjoy it though. Always looks great with freshly trimmed hedges.
Welcome to Lawnsite! Work looks good man! Nice and clean. Once you get gas hedgers it goes a lot faster and easier. I recently bought some new Stihl ones and man was my wallet a lot skinnier after i bought them, but they were brand new. That sounds like a good deal on that string trimmer you got off CL. I bet if you looked hard enough you could find a similar deal on some hedge trimmers. BTW I think I have the same blower as you. Good luck this season!
Stihl HS 56C
Troy bilt Backpack blower 32cc
Echo ES-1000 hand blower (not currently working)
Assorted hand tools

Have 8 accounts (+1 vacationer) and continue to grow.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks! I try and keep everything as clean as possible when i do the work. It just looks more professional.
I'm on CL every night scouting out some hedge trimmers and a walk behind.

So far I found a Ferris 48" Hydrowalk. It's an older model but i called the guy, it runs and cuts really good. Starts first pull. Has reverse on it too. He wants 650 but he'll haggle a bit. Only problem is it's a waiting game trying to sell my rider mower.
No luck on hedge trimmers though.

It seems that the picture of my riding mower got deleted up there so here it is again.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I just did this lawn today for a family friend. It was a little hard cause a lot of parts were on a hill so i just kept spinning. But i got it done and it looks pretty good. Tried to stripe it the best i could

Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's what i did today. One smaller lawn which i use my 21" self propelled for.

And here is a lawn i do for a guy that i do work for. He's has an older Bob Cat Ransomes Classic 48" walk behind. Love using that thing. Stripes nice and it pulls a little to the left and the blades are a bit dull.

Got a busy day tomorrow in very hot weather. Gonna get done as fast as i can!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

i've been looking at walk behinds and i am talking to a guy that may be interested in a trade plus cash on my end. its an older bob cat. not pretty looking but it had a recent oil change and blade belts.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/3808090361.html

Then this exmark that a dealer is selling as used. i called them today and they said it's ready to roll. maybe a carb cleaning if that.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grq/3938075496.html

and lastly here's one that i looked a couple days ago but still debating. i could buy this right now without having to sell my other one first because of the price.
it's a 36" but i do residential. think this would be a good idea? i don't do humongous yards.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/3914088900.html
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Didn't anyone ever tell you Irocs are ment for Camaros?

Welcome and good job.

Just looking at it from the basic's. It looks like a solid starter set up. I'm sure you'll want the 2014 2500hd crewcab for next year right.

Check the bearings in that trailer and get some fenders covering those tires.