Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

bobcat

thanks ill try them. I have a procat 29hp kawi with a 61 inch deck. its a dura deck
Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
IIRC that G6 is a mulcher?
G6s (and the slightly thinner/lighter G5s) are primarily designed for side-discharging. They are a full 3" wide and create more lift than the original 3in1 Gator Blades. I believe they are worth 'trying' and having on hand, imo. Different conditions (wet/dry, tall/short, thick/thin turf, etc...) will better respond to a particular blade. I try to surmise what the avg conditions will be and choose the best blades to fit the conditions/circumstances.

Yes, G6s can be used to mulch...but you'll get more blowout due to the added lift. I personally don't bag, but have heard they work well for bagging when conditions allow.

Wet/moist/dewy conditions do not cater well to using Gators/G6/G5 for my mower and my grasses. I'm sure others will disagree. It basically comes down to finding WHAT works...and WHEN it works best for YOUR machine and regional grasses.

The school of hard knocks churns out the best graduates.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
um post a pic of your perfect bobcat stripe. Maybe run a stripe up and down a hill for us with one. I am sure many good folks own many good bobcats and make plenty of dollars that way. Here in ia i don't see it. The guys who own bobcats are hacks and the job they do shows it. I'll see if i can catch one this week and get a pic for you to see. Usually they mow a church on friday morning when i am out and about that way. No promises.
there is no mower that stripes as well as a bobcat out of the box..
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's nice man!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That's nice man!
thanks, i wasnt trying to sound like a di**head, but around here at least, bobcats rule the land, prob 10 bobcats to one of any other kind of mower.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bobcats cut great around here also. I see quite a few of them and we used to have two of the 36" variable drive walkbehinds. We absolutely loved those little mowers.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetcamaro View Post
bobcats cut great around here also. I see quite a few of them and we used to have two of the 36" variable drive walkbehinds. We absolutely loved those little mowers.
they are great, they cut so well. I just picked up a used 32" bobcat for my personal use at my house, it cuts just like the bigger ones. I dont see how anyone can say they dont like them, ive had multiple brands and they are by far the best ive come across, beats scag, toro, and those p.o.s. Dixies
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well here you gets no respect, and cannot keep pace with the rest of us on Deere and xmrk and toro. That's the real truth. There is no such thing as half price-better unit.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Other than getting a better mower, make sure the blades are sharp and high lift. Move a little faster. Try with discharge flap open. Lift the deck one click to let more air under there.
Sorry about the better mower comment, but it is what it is. I see a few Bobs here last couple years and they mow like crap. Let that Bobcat help pay for something better someday. Bobcat don't even make that thing. Compare it to a Bunton you will see. I ran a Snapper 61" for 3 years when I started and I was sure proud of that mower... then I got a Toro. You can have my old snapper lol.

You could always sleep in.
Wow, pretty stupid comments here. Bobcat has always made their own mowers. When the parent company bought Bunton, they repainted Bobcats as Buntons. Buntons got bigger fuel tanks, electric deck lifts and a headlight which the later 2 were options on the Bobcats. Eventually they stopped making different fuel tanks and the Bobcats got the same ones

I would put Bobcat up against any other brand out there. They make great machines.

Toro, now there is someone that couldnt make a commercial mower....they had to buy Exmark.

Also I notice the original poster is in one of the Carolinas. If its a newer machine(last 2 years), they have a kit for some southern grasses. Not sure if this would help or not as we dont deal with it much around here. Honestly here everyones decks work good...old, new, whatever...hardly anyone complains about a certain deck cutting poorly.

Last edited by pugs; 07-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

bobcat

tried new high lift blades with no help. it was actually worse than the original blades. this machine clumps so bad in the wet. doesn't even have to be wet just the morning dew makes things awful. was clumping so bad at 10am it stopped the deck completely up. im cutting at 3 inches and the grass was only about 6 -7 inches. does someone have an answer