Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-19-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I have no reason not to let my dealer do the hydraulic service, as he already has at 40 hrs., he picks the mower up, does the work and delivers it back to me at no charge for pickup or delivery. I don't mind paying the labor to know they use all Hustler's recommended parts and fluids, and there can never be any question if a hydraulic component fails. I guess I look at it kind of like insurance. All companies will squirm out of a warranty responsibility if given any chance at all.
I don't blame you since you say your dealer is so outstanding and you know and trust him. I'd do the same thing if I were in the same position.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
How far away do you travel to deliver?
We had a guy buy 2 mowers and 2 trailers from west virginia. My dad delivered, so far that was the farthest. We have been to north carolina, florida, tennessee, indiana, etc, mostly guys off here that just appreciated a little help. I always encourage to buy and deal locally, but sometimes local is useless. I have heard of rude and hateful dealers, dealers that dont give a crap, and also dealers that know nothing about mowers. Anytime we go out of the way there is a huge reason...
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna keep that in mind when the time comes for a new machine. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Yes the 226 is really nice. It actually has 12cc pumps and wheel motors, 3 yr commercial unlimited hour warranty, 0% finance for 48 months is only 1% cost cheapest in industry. It is more comparable to the outlaw in price and features the czt and 226 are 2 completely different machines. Some like one hate the other, some take 4 hours to decide...lol
The czt holds the hill well rolling downhill, but has little reverse traction for turning while pointed downhill. Is the 226 any better or worse in hills, I feel the cut quality up here will be close. Im not crazy about the czt spindles to much play for me, unless that goes away after a while.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 07-20-2013, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
We had a guy buy 2 mowers and 2 trailers from west virginia. My dad delivered, so far that was the farthest. We have been to north carolina, florida, tennessee, indiana, etc, mostly guys off here that just appreciated a little help. I always encourage to buy and deal locally, but sometimes local is useless. I have heard of rude and hateful dealers, dealers that dont give a crap, and also dealers that know nothing about mowers. Anytime we go out of the way there is a huge reason...
Can you imagine how many mowers could be sold for all different manufacturers if dealers had your personality and disposition, and if those that display the traits you spoke of above were totally eliminated from the business.

My dealer is right with you, and this is the reason he's sold the number of mowers he has as well. They have a family owned business, but the entire family is like "family" to everyone.

I am enclosing a photo of his business for you to see, most people in the lawn maintenance business would love to have grass that looks like this at his dealership. I've never seen any dealership that is as well maintained as Whitley Power Equipment.

This was a customer appreciation day, he sold 28 mowers that one Saturday.

This grass did not get like this just for customer appreciation day, it stays in this condition.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I always encourage to buy and deal locally, but sometimes local is useless. I have heard of rude and hateful dealers, dealers that dont give a crap, and also dealers that know nothing about mowers. Anytime we go out of the way there is a huge reason...
I have experienced this. The only dealer in my area that I have talked to that is helpful and tries is the kubota/toro dealer and another ferris/dolmar/industial dealer. I've had so many conversations with deadbeat dealers. One gravely dealer that I rented their encore mower was talking me out of buying diesel. He said, maintenance costs are higher, fuel savings isn't that much, when you trade in I am going to give you the exact same price as a gasser. Well when I gave back the encore I made it a point that I bought a 13k kubota and he missed out out on a possible sale due to his ignorance. Boy did he give me the 1000 yd stare hahaha
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Can you imagine how many mowers could be sold for all different manufacturers if dealers had your personality and disposition, and if those that display the traits you spoke of above were totally eliminated from the business.

My dealer is right with you, and this is the reason he's sold the number of mowers he has as well. They have a family owned business, but the entire family is like "family" to everyone.

I am enclosing a photo of his business for you to see, most people in the lawn maintenance business would love to have grass that looks like this at his dealership. I've never seen any dealership that is as well maintained as Whitley Power Equipment.

This was a customer appreciation day, he sold 28 mowers that one Saturday.

This grass did not get like this just for customer appreciation day, it stays in this condition.
Nice but One thing I like about my Dealer is all the new mowers are kept inside out the sun and the weather
Old 07-20-2013, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Nice but One thing I like about my Dealer is all the new mowers are kept inside out the sun and the weather
I don't believe I would keep them inside on customer appreciation day, they look much more sale-able sitting on well manicured grass, and he sold more than the number you see in the picture that day.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Are all the prices the same on Badboy mowers and parts? From what I seen most all dealers sell the mowers and parts at the same MSRP.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by man00 View Post
Are all the prices the same on Badboy mowers and parts? From what I seen most all dealers sell the mowers and parts at the same MSRP.
Mowers are usually the same, I have seen alot of dealers around the us sell for more than msrp. On the parts thats where dealers go crazy.... I have seen parts marked up another 20 to 40% over retail. I have a website where everything is msrp, the tractor dealers are the worst..... Some are complaining about my site starting to get alot of parts on there for just manufacturing retail....

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"