Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Help me pick a second mower please, funds are limited

I really need to get my second guy on a mower. Its mainly on two properties that take me to much time by myself. One is rough and 10 acres but I do most of it with my 60" Dixie. He would assist. The other is about 5 acres but a smaller 48-54" Mower would really be a benefit. Lots of smaller areas ( a condo complex). The mower would take a bit of a beating but not get abused. Also need it to help with leaves in the fall. I am looking at some older used units in my area. Is the Hustler fastrak cut out for this? I love my dixie's Durability but am not thrilled with how high it sits or the cut quality. I would also like a slightly lighter smaller mower from some of my smaller residentials. Right now i do them with the dixie and its very tight in some areas.

Any advice is appreciated. Luckily since we are where we are in the season I have seen viable options from $2500-$3000. I am limited to this range at the moment. I would consider a 50" dixie but I just honestly hat how high they sit and the QOC like I said.

Thanks

Z
Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

If your looking for a new mower. You might want to check out the Hustler Raptor 52" Z. Seems to be a well built machine, I am thinking about getting one next season.