Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Hmm not sure why, I checked it and it worked. You have any luck?
Nope. It just says what I posted above every time.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rIIHWaGQms
Here's the link.
I already mowed a strip a few weeks ago, and I had just done 1 cut on the short side today before the starting point of the vid.
Looks to be doing a great job for the length of grass, more or less slashing I guess. How are you finding the suspension, enjoying the ride quality? Apart from the seating position with those long lanky legs haha

Appears as though the 36 will be a little thirsty, I was expecting that. Ill try get some gph figures after a get a few more hrs on it. Hard to be accurate though as the Ferris hr meter only clicks over while blades are running. I load/unload mower every day, often getting off to move things etc so some fuel is used up there. Guess I will compensate a little for that.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rIIHWaGQms
Here's the link.
I already mowed a strip a few weeks ago, and I had just done 1 cut on the short side today before the starting point of the vid.
Good view Ed. It shows the discharge pattern coming out the the chute and it is mainly concentrated at the front. That is the same way my MOD deck does, which is no surprise. If you look at them side by side from underneath, they are as close as two peas in a pod in overall design. Yours is a bit more open though as I have two adjustable baffles at the rear between blades. Even with them removed it is a bit tighter baffled than the ICD, but very close.

You know you're cutting some thick tough stuff when you can bring that 36 down of normal RPM's like that.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I can't get it either Greenology. It takes me to a log in page.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I hope not to make a habit of cutting stuff like that but no doubt I will have to occasionally.

Greenology, I'm going to have a hard time getting back on my old mower. 2 little coils under the seat just won't do any more.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You guys are making me soooo jealous.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://youtu.be/HydSV8_585s

Not sure if this will be any different.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That link works. I know it must be an optical illusion,but those passes looked as fast as puppy's did on his SZ. You may not be going as fast, but you darn sure aren't all that far behind either.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That link works. I know it must be an optical illusion,but those passes looked as fast as puppy's did on his SZ. You may not be going as fast, but you darn sure aren't all that far behind either.
I was quite impressed at the finish of the lawn afterwards. The VX4 left some ugly clumps on this place, even with only 4 weeks of winter growth!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It's the 36hp Puppy. Yes mostly summer grasses hayed right off being middle of winter here. Was a heavy dew this morning but irrelevent. The only thing green is the African love grass tussocks which can be very tough. You can hear the blades in the vid when they are cutting it.
The African love grass tussocks (of which I had to Google pictures of) must be very difficult to cut, there is not much that will drop the rpms on a 32 Vanguard, much less a 36, and I could hear it wanting a little help occasionally.

The ICD deck cuts in a manner I would consider to be as good as any deck on the market today. Your discharge pattern looks good, and it's definitely moving it out and spreading really well for what it's dealing with.

Cutting where you hear the governor activated like the video is where the gph average is on the rise, you will never hear the governor activate in normal cutting. I have all ideas that engine would get into the 2.25 gph + range with no problem in hard cutting, but will guess 1.9 to 2.0 will be the norm.

Hopefully you and Green can get some good numbers in different type cutting.

I've always believed after running a 3100, if I could not utilize the faster speed of a Super Z, I would more than likely be running a Ferris 3100.

I've talked with Briggs and they tell me they are working very hard on an efi system and realize fuel consumption needs to be lowered. They also made the statement, "we will not release a system until we are satisfied it gives the best efi has to offer, and with trouble free operation."

I will try and touch base with them next week to see how their efi system is progressing.