Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
I am curious how the motor compares on fuel and power compared to the old 850, I can get a BB Briggs shipped to my door new for 1700. I am either going to buy a Generac 33 or a 36 BB so your feelings on your new motor are welcome.
Hey real, this might help you and it might not. The hustler I have has the 850 on it and the ferris I used to run had the 32 bb. Obviously this is apples to oranges, but the 32 felt like it had considerably more power than the 850. Take note, I'm sure the super z's hydraulic system is larger than the 3100 that I ran so that sucks more power, but the 3100 was 72" compared to 66". The 32 is a hoss, so I'm sure the 36 is incredible. As far as fuel goes, in normal cutting my 850 is around 1.5 gal/hr. If I remember correctly, the 32 BB was sitting around 2 gal/hr so the 36 is in that neighborhood I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Mickhippy's Avatar
Mickhippy Mickhippy is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 3,969
Subscribing for video!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I'm so jealous!

How much extra will the suspension seat set you back now vs if you had bought it as part of your original purchase? I'm looking forwards to hearing, and hopefully seeing some video of how it goes come mowing season for ya!
Well the dealer wanted over $1000 for the michigan susp seat, looks like on ebay buying from US Id be looking at $680 roughly. But I want to look into the puffer air seat, or one of those susp inserts like others have used.

Id like to get some video to compare the X1 with Ferris while I still have the X1, its just logistically difficult, my trailer is only big enough for 1 mower at a time & its about 20min drive each way, so that's 1.5hrs driving. Also dont want to annoy the client, but if I can I will, I haven't seen any youtube videos to show this kind of comparison before.

But with regard to video of clipping dispersal etc, that will be no problem at all, I will take plenty of that once we start getting some spring growth. Need some warm nights, which will be 6 weeks from now maybe a little more.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:36 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
The spring should already be bottomed out with you sitting on the machine. Just curious how much do you weigh?



That was most likely for the "spring platform". There is also a whole suspension seat available but that is more like $470.
Im 70kg or 150 lbs. I find that when I come up out of a rut my weight is lifted taking the tension off the spring, then my weight coming back down bottoms out the spring, giving that hard contact feeling. easily fixed though.

Seams a silly design, most if not all other manus just have a pressure switch in the seat itself.

I wonder if the Michigan has the pressure pad built into it, therefor the existing switch on ferris could be bypassed for the Michigan one.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Hey real, this might help you and it might not. The hustler I have has the 850 on it and the ferris I used to run had the 32 bb. Obviously this is apples to oranges, but the 32 felt like it had considerably more power than the 850. Take note, I'm sure the super z's hydraulic system is larger than the 3100 that I ran so that sucks more power, but the 3100 was 72" compared to 66". The 32 is a hoss, so I'm sure the 36 is incredible. As far as fuel goes, in normal cutting my 850 is around 1.5 gal/hr. If I remember correctly, the 32 BB was sitting around 2 gal/hr so the 36 is in that neighborhood I'm sure.
Thankyou, so a 850 does get better mileage. a 36 BB for 1700 is a deal is it not?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Realslowww Realslowww is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melrose FL
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
The spring should already be bottomed out with you sitting on the machine. Just curious how much do you weigh?



That was most likely for the "spring platform". There is also a whole suspension seat available but that is more like $470.
Hey Pugs how does the Z2 Tank compare to the 3100 ? I know you're a big fan of Z2 quality. What happened to Envy the great?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Thankyou, so a 850 does get better mileage. a 36 BB for 1700 is a deal is it not?
I'm not up to par on engine pricing, but I know the 23 kohler for my walker runs about $1300 around here, so the huge 36 BB for $1700 doesn't sound bad at all.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Nate'sLawnCare's Avatar
Nate'sLawnCare Nate'sLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 962
I'm sure you'll be happy with the ICD deck, I have one on my 52 inch Snapper Pro S75X and it even cuts tall bahia at not quite full stick without leaving standers.

I'm glad to hear some info on the big blocks since I've been looking at a Snapper Pro S200XT 61 inch with the 32 big block.
__________________
Snapper Pro S200XT 36 HP Big Block
BOP 36 Inch Dually
Honda HRX217VKA Mower
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate'sLawnCare View Post
I'm sure you'll be happy with the ICD deck, I have one on my 52 inch Snapper Pro S75X and it even cuts tall bahia at not quite full stick without leaving standers.

I'm glad to hear some info on the big blocks since I've been looking at a Snapper Pro S200XT 61 inch with the 32 big block.
Just a ferris without suspension. They are great engines! If they would do an efi system I would never look at another motor. Unfortunately the only manufacturer that I know of that uses vanguard is ferris/snapper.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Just a ferris without suspension. They are great engines! If they would do an efi system I would never look at another motor. Unfortunately the only manufacturer that I know of that uses vanguard is ferris/snapper.
Scag uses a lot of Vanguard engines on their Cheetah's and TT's. Plenty of shallow drive outboard engine boats use the Vanguards as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.08377 seconds with 8 queries