Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I've been tryin all season to get my routing down but the dang rain screws everything up, we end up getting cut short day after day after day, ARGH! We started cutting in the rain the second week of solid rain but it's week five or six now and still no let up, all our yards are completely saturated,even the push mowers are rutting now! Very little chance to get the standers in there for sure. All our install work is at a complete stand still! Lil to no cash flowing now it's very frustrating! My guys are telling me they are going to have to look for other work if we don't get going soon, I'm like, I'm just as frustrated as you are! do what you have to do though I understand!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Yea I've been tryin all season to get my routing down but the dang rain screws everything up, we end up getting cut short day after day after day, ARGH! We started cutting in the rain the second week of solid rain but it's week five or six now and still no let up, all our yards are completely saturated,even the push mowers are rutting now! Very little chance to get the standers in there for sure. All our install work is at a complete stand still! Lil to no cash flowing now it's very frustrating! My guys are telling me they are going to have to look for other work if we don't get going soon, I'm like, I'm just as frustrated as you are! do what you have to do though I understand!
We have had a wet spring, but I haven't had any problems like that. I guess you can't ever get the right amount of rain. It is either too much or not enough. I do know that the rain can really screw up your schedule and routing though. It is hard to get stuff done when it rains all the time.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I have a fuel charge in all my contacts Fuel goes up The price goes up % Fuel comes back down, the price fallows
Im not going eat it
I will have to consider that. There are a lot of companies that charge delivery/service charges based on fuel prices. I don't have a lot of commercial accounts but this could work. The worst they could say is no. Fuel is a killer, eats up close to 15% of my gross income.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It started again today a few hours ago and is still going, I imagine we'll be cutting in the rain tomorrow another front is pushing through according to the forecast. OH BOY here we go again this week!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It started again today a few hours ago and is still going, I imagine we'll be cutting in the rain tomorrow another front is pushing through according to the forecast. OH BOY here we go again this week!
Sorry to hear that. At least you have grass to cut, as compared to a total drought when you would have no work. I guess it is all in how you look at it though. Good luck this week and the rest of the season!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
I will have to consider that. There are a lot of companies that charge delivery/service charges based on fuel prices. I don't have a lot of commercial accounts but this could work. The worst they could say is no. Fuel is a killer, eats up close to 15% of my gross income.
I never had no one said no to it

Cemeteries count as Commercial That be where you see your profit go down due the price of fuel

Tell them if goes over 3.75 You going charge a % for every .25 over 3.75
Tell them if gas comes back down to where set it at you will remove it

Its only gone over 3.75 for a week here so that week I added % then next week it went back down
Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Well Today got rainfall its been 4 weeks I think we got 1/2 in
Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I never had no one said no to it

Cemeteries count as Commercial That be where you see your profit go down due the price of fuel

Tell them if goes over 3.75 You going charge a % for every .25 over 3.75
Tell them if gas comes back down to where set it at you will remove it

Its only gone over 3.75 for a week here so that week I added % then next week it went back down
Yes, I do consider my cemeteries to be commercial accounts. I do not, however, have a contract with any of them. I will think about trying to negotiate something with them as far as fuel costs for next year.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well Today got rainfall its been 4 weeks I think we got 1/2 in
How much rain did you get over there? We got 1 3/8" here today, and it was much needed. Alot of the grass around here was going dormant. I hope that rain snaps it back.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Yes, I do consider my cemeteries to be commercial accounts. I do not, however, have a contract with any of them. I will think about trying to negotiate something with them as far as fuel costs for next year.
If your happy with the price Tell them you want to raise the price but only when gas goes up

So talk with them They might be ok with it

keep the price the same + a fuel charge or Just raise each visit a % to cover the future price of fuel