Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2003, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

If you paid for the software with a credit card, call the cc company and tell them you have a problem with the product and want them to help you resolve it with compusa.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do a google search with the missing file name. Or, if running some type of windows flavor, do a search either in your hard drive or cd rom. once found, right click, select copy, then paste INTO THE DIERECTORY that it should be in.Best yet, just uninstall the software, make sure your computer has all the latetest updates for your operating system from windows (microsoft)update, then re-install the software your trying to install.

Most of the time, just by doing the search on the cab files on the cd rom is enough. But you may have to search the oringal operating cd rom or recovery cd's
John
Old 02-26-2003, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Re: Computer problems need help!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunton Guy
I bought Microsoft Publisher XP 2002 so I could create better business supplies (ie businees cards,fliers,brochures etc..) I went to install it and it came up with a error actuall 2 errors first error said
Error 25506. Microsoft Publisher 2002 requires updated system files not detected on your computer. You must install the system files update prior to installing publisher. C:\WINDOWS\MSAGENT\AGENTSVR.EXE

So I went of microsofts website and downloaded MS AGENT
Went to Install MS publisher XP again and it didnt have the same error it had a new error at the end is the only change it says instead of that file listed above it says C:\programfiles\commonfiles\system\ado\msador15.dll is version 2.10.3711.3 when we require version 2.50.4403.4.

So I went online to see if I can d/l what im guessing is MS ADOR??
I couldnt find anything about it I have no clue what this is or why I need it or how I can get it. I hope this isnt money wasted in this designing program. Just when I thought I would splurge and get the program it has all these obsticles to overcome. Im not a big computer guy I know enough to get me by so this stuff is over my head any ideas guys of where I can get this MS ADOR and d/l it? or why it would be popping up that error and if there is a way around it.
Bunton Guy,
Here is your answer and Good Luck!

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304907

PS.
ActiveX Data Objects Rowset (ADOR)....I believe this is a control and not a program, so you won't find a download for it. You have to go into your computer and do as Microsoft suggests. It sounds like an easy fix, but I'm wondering if some of your other programs aren't going to act funny due to all of the warnings...Be Careful and read all the warnings as per the Microsoft site.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

first off do you have windows XP on your PC. im sure you do second have you downloaded all the latest XP updates for your OS

go here and scan for updates and download all the critical updates

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
then try to install

Last edited by HarryD; 02-26-2003 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't believe Comp USA told you that. I have returned opened software there on numerous occasions. Have to have the receipt and return it within 2 weeks.
"You'll get MOW for your money & MULCH, MULCH more!"
Old 02-26-2003, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have windows XP I have windows 98 but as per the qualifications on the side of the box it dosent say you have to have it as a requirment. My computer meets all requirments & thank you for all the info on that microsoft website it gets scary reading into that...I wasent so nervous about it untill I read into your post more and you said it could mess with my other programs. What do you think would cause this? From what I know it hasent affected any other programs on my computer it just has stopped me from installing this program.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

when was the last time you updated windows
Old 02-27-2003, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the update should be on the disk look in the folders click it reboot then reinstall
Old 02-27-2003, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You paid $1800 for a publisher prog? I would take that thing and ram it straight up comp usa's *****. When will bill gates finally have enough money?

Mark
Old 02-28-2003, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Is it fixed?

I use publisher and it is a lot easier to use than word when trying to create nice fliers.