Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-20-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Scotts Speedy Green 3000 spreader setting for fungicide

I have a bag of Prophecy .72 fungicide to apply to 5k square feet of kentucky bluegrass. I believe it should be set on 3 but I want to confirm because the bag is $70 for 25 lbs. I will be applying about 12lbs. thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, Gunner, but i think I would go at a lower rate say # 2...and...then go over it again...adjusting it more or less based on the first go-around. Use your bathroom scales to weigh out 12 pounds to start with. Mark your container or spreader at the 12 pound level for future reference. Mark you spreader with a permanent marker for future reference as to the proper setting for next month or next year.
Fungicides can be costly. A professional will have liquid application equipment, and experience at applying the right amount. And with luck he will be able to diagnose whatever disease you have. Worth a little extra cost.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, that worked out. I actually had the bathroom scale out to measure it as well.I brought grass samples to my john deere dealer he is familiar with my terrain and I also had pictures. The temps have been 90+ and extremely humid, really bad for disease this year.

I am going to try and prevent it next year but for now i will use the prophecy and reapply the other 12.5lbs in two weeks. Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Don't know if this will help but I was told by JD Landscape the numbers on the speedy green represent pounds/per 1000

3 - 3Lb/1000

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be using liquid. We are seeing every spot and patch in the book with nearly rain everyday. It seems all were spraying is fungicide and insecticide right now. A little granular fert but things are difficult when it literally is raining on and off all day.