Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Mid size or bigger go even quicker with one walk behind blower and one backpack. The backpack kinda hits the nooks, and the WB does the bulk. Makes it go quick. Thinking about a truck loader for this year. Lot of dough for a tool that gets 4-6 weeks of use a year. Same reason you can't rent one around here.
wouldn't think a WB would be too good at hills? where I'm servicing, there's really no entirely flat property, so I don't know! they seem much heavier and less maneuverable than backpacks. but would be interested to hear other opinions...
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
hard luck w the impeller! got the truckloader last year, and can't imagine working without it! I'd be really interested to know how a single-man leaf cleanup would go... if you worked hard, it would probably be more efficient than 2 or even 3 people! The cheetah with a bagger would sure make a difference. I have a v-ride with an accelerator bagger, so not as good as a vac system, but hopefully should work ok. How are you going to configure your trailer- leaf box in front, mower, at back? be interested because I got to do the same with my own, but don't know if I should have a box at back, and a side ramp for mower, or whatever...
yah, i'm still not sure what i'm gonna do with the truck loader. well my clean ups would go pretty smooth, first i would blow out the beds the drive the mower around with vac on, and suck up the leaves, then cut a pattern into the lawn and i'm done, a little slower then with another person but because i bust my ass vs. someone working for working slow i think i will be surprised that i can still get the same amount of clean ups done in a day, because I put in the effort and want my business to succeed and grow. and i'll be using my dump trailer, no box on it. just sides, and the leaves with go up front and the mower will go in at the back, no side ramp just regular equipment ramps for the back.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a ZTR with a vac & I can also use a big blower (giant vac leaf buster 4300 cfm or so) that mounts to the front of my ZTR. The back pack blower with the ZTR/vac works great on smaller to medium size lawns & the blower makes short work of the bigger lawns or areas that are realy thick. up here in the area I am in I dont have to take away much so its usually not an issue for me, I just blow or dump leaves into the wooded areas...
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
yah, i'm still not sure what i'm gonna do with the truck loader. well my clean ups would go pretty smooth, first i would blow out the beds the drive the mower around with vac on, and suck up the leaves, then cut a pattern into the lawn and i'm done, a little slower then with another person but because i bust my ass vs. someone working for working slow i think i will be surprised that i can still get the same amount of clean ups done in a day, because I put in the effort and want my business to succeed and grow. and i'll be using my dump trailer, no box on it. just sides, and the leaves with go up front and the mower will go in at the back, no side ramp just regular equipment ramps for the back.
out of curiosity... how many guys do you have on a crew for regular lawn cuts? Only asking because I've only recently started by business, and trying to get as much info as possible to do it right! With regards to my trailer, it's a 5x12 but doesn't dump; that's why I'm interested in the configurations.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs1 View Post
I use a ZTR with a vac & I can also use a big blower (giant vac leaf buster 4300 cfm or so) that mounts to the front of my ZTR. The back pack blower with the ZTR/vac works great on smaller to medium size lawns & the blower makes short work of the bigger lawns or areas that are realy thick. up here in the area I am in I dont have to take away much so its usually not an issue for me, I just blow or dump leaves into the wooded areas...
Your setup sounds neat. where did you get the blower mount? is the ZTR maneuverable with the blower on it?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
out of curiosity... how many guys do you have on a crew for regular lawn cuts? Only asking because I've only recently started by business, and trying to get as much info as possible to do it right! With regards to my trailer, it's a 5x12 but doesn't dump; that's why I'm interested in the configurations.
just me. I don't need any help. I'm very capable of doing my lawns on my own and have been this whole season, Its really just a waste of money to have help unless you have so much work to do you need help otherwise you can't get everything done in a 5 day work week. last year I had enough work where i needed someone to help me with the lawns in order to keep up with the work that was coming in from the storm damage. this not the same.