Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-23-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
HaHa.... Fair enough there Curb Appeal KS.... That definitely came out a little more bold than I intended and I did not mean to offend any mid mount owners..... I use the low pro's, not even the ATV tires..... I'm not sure that I even have any tricks up my sleeve other than my experience running them for so long... I will say this... We had a 23 Carb and that thing wasn't so hot on hills.... For some reason if you put Me on a 26EFI, I can climb baby climb! Gotta give her some speed right before you start up the hill and also lean back so there is more weight on the tires..... As a general rule I do not post pictures or videos on L.S because we all know that these forums can be seen on google... But if anyone is ever in the Plattsburgh, NY area..... let me know and I will show you some of the hills that I stripe.... yes, stripe...
Hmm that is weird, because I didn't think there was much difference in the weights of the machines. Maybe there is enough to make the traction better.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought the MBS 29Efi 60' side discharge walker 3 weeks ago and thats the mowing dam machine i have ever seen or used so easy to work on and drive once you get the hang of the steering there in a class of there own. I live in NC and it has rained for 3months straight tall wet grass no problem and pressure wash the deck with the deck tilt option is nice
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Get the speed up kit. Its mandatory in my opinion. and the all terrain fast trax tires are a lot better for doing hills and ditches. The super bee I demoed does awesome on hills and banks, way better then the mtghs. It does take getting used to to climb hills with a walker but it can be done.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent walker View Post
Get the speed up kit. Its mandatory in my opinion. and the all terrain fast trax tires are a lot better for doing hills and ditches. The super bee I demoed does awesome on hills and banks, way better then the mtghs. It does take getting used to to climb hills with a walker but it can be done.
The mt26s able to get the spd up amd all terrain tires ?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the speed up kit is a different pulley and spring. And possibly different belt, been a few years since i installed one. The tires are carlisle fast trax , go to ebay and type it in, there 69.97 each shipped from summit racing. I ordered some and just got them. Wore out the previous set after 1000hrs plus